What's new

Monopoly Tycoon - thoughts? (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Just arrived in the mail after I picked it up for (very!)cheap. I've seen nothing but good reviews for it... But I've never read/seen any real 'hands on' thoughts on it from ordinary punters.

So, anyone here got it? What you think? Live up to the 'hype'?

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I tried the demo, decided that I was even worse at it than I am at the Sims or Sim City 3000, and uninstalled, sorry. For some reason I just have a gaming blind spot when it comes to being able to play resource management games. I did seem quite fun as these things go however, and the funky 3D camera struck the right balance between looking cool and being useable.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Well, conversely, I only played the demo as well, but utterly loved it. I haven't bought the game itself only because I'm currently saving up for a GameCube to call my own.
It was great fun, and if I'd had enough people around who owned it to play multiplayer with, it would've been a no-brainer. It was like SimCity, but less annoying, and like Monopoly, without the tedium. Brilliant design, and there was something thrilling about building a shop next to somebody else's offering the exact same services and then undercutting them horribly :P

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Well, it sounds okay for a fun multiplayer game for me & my wife. Thanks for the opinions, guys.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
No need for for a conversely, really. I thought it looked really good as well, but despite my repeated attempts I'm still terrible at playing these games. It doesn't mean trying is without fun though...

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Well, tried it multiplayer with my wife last night. Started at about 8:30, decided to take a break - clock said 1am. Ouch :)
I can see why it wouldn't appeal to a lot of people... We enjoyed it - mostly treating it as a 'sandbox' rather than direct competition.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Well, tried it multiplayer with my wife last night.
Wow. Your wife plays computer games! :confused: Does she have a sister? :D
But on topic, I've got a friend who nicknames Monopoly Tycoon 'Degree Killer' (actually renamed the desktop icon), cos he plays it all the time, and its sucking up all his study time. I've tried it, and apart from the great music, and some nifty visuals, I wasn't all that impressed. Not bad. Suppose you gotta love that sort of game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks