What's new

Monaco GP (1 Viewer)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
The Monaco GP is tomorrow. Unfortunately it will be tape delayed on CBS and will overlap with the start of the Indy 500.

This morning Michael Schumacher won pole position, but made an apparent mistake at the last corner at the end of the session and left his car partially blocking the track. Immediately there were accusations that he did this on purpose to spoil the final fast laps of other drivers and guarantee his pole. Indeed Alsonso was on a flier at this point and 0.3 up on MS's time in the first two sectors.

The Race Stewards have reviewed the incident and have "deleted" all of Schumacher's qualifying times so he will start from the back of the grid!

I'm not one of the hordes of the knee jerk Schumacher haters (in fact I'm a long time Ferrari fan) but I must say the incident did seem to be rather strange, but from what I've seen its not obvious one way or the other. The only person who knows for sure whether this was a genuine mistake, a pre-meditated attempt to lock in poll, or a spur of the moment decision to take advantage of a mistake is Michael Schumacher.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Only one who knows for sure is Schumacher, yea, but I'm about 99.999999999% sure it was premeditaded. :) Glad they didn't let him off with a simple warning.

CharlesD

Screenwriter

I'd only seen what Speed showed this morning and the in-car shot online. The clip you linked to certainly points towards it being deliberate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks