What's new

Modern Italian family films? (1 Viewer)

ShaunS

Stunt Coordinator
I organize a monthly screening of Italian films for a local Italian cultural group. I'm having a hard time finding something relatively modern (10 years old or younger), available on region 1 dvd, and while not a "family film" per se, at least not something unsuitable for a young person to be in the room as it screens.

We've done the obvious choices, Bread & Tulips and Il Postino.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shaun

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
A few Ideas

Cinema Paradiso (older than 10 years but a classic)
Ciao Professore
Caro Diario
Mediterraneo

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Probably not suitable for someone younger than 10 but The Son's Room is about the only thing that comes to mind that is both recently made and set in modern Italy.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Good question. Not many answers so far. It's early I know, but if you were to ask about MOB movies, you'd get recommendations out the wazoo. Pretty sad contrast. I'd like to see alot of recommendations myself so I'm going to watch this thread.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
It's a sad fact of life as a cinema lover that, aside from France and Japan, you could count on the fingers of one hand the number of films from any given country that get US theatrical distribution in a calendar year.

I don't know if I've even seen 5 new Italian films in the last 5 years.

I did think of another Italian film I saw a trailer for this year. It was a 6 hour family epic spanning decades of history. It may be exactly what you're looking for but I can't recall the name of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks