What's new

Modern Family - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Another great episode. What stuck out to me tonight is what a great father Ty Burrell's character is, despite being a complete dope.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
In a strange way, I think Phil and Claire's family are the most "real" family on television today. The portrayal is neither particularly flattering nor particularly horrible, and the way they all bounce off each other rings very true to my experience. All five characters have well-defined dynamics with the other four family members.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I just now caught up on this show this last week after my sister had been hounding me to watch it since the beginning, and I can't believe I neglected this show for so long. I love it, so effing funny.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Watched all 17 episodes over the last week and just read through the last 3 pages of discussion.
I have to agree with all that was said up till now. The first episode kept me interested and showed potential, and the then just got better in each subsequent episode.

Phil's character in the beginning was tough to like with the whole talking/acting cool thing. That quickly went away with a few episodes and even the beginning parts seem to sit better with me knowing his character better and being developed over the season.

Cam and Mitchel are probably my favorite group in the show so far. Cam shouting "SON OF A BITCH" at the carolers almost killed me. LOL, he is hilarious.

Ed o"Neil is great and I get no traces of Al from his character at all which is tough since I grew up on Married with Children. Great job on his part.

And Sofia, love her, accent and all. :)

The kidney stone episode had me rolling, I've had two of those in the past and that hit home in a torturous / funny way. :D
I was in tears during the whole thing on the bed and when he reaches for Luke, "you will be sorry" LOL

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yea, they really shouldnt have had commercials during this episode as it was obviously sponsered by Apple.
I wonder how much they paid for this 30 minute commercial?

I understand a little product placement (Like they do in Chuck and Psych) but this was a bit much.

ria26

Auditioning
Real Name
ria
Modern Family is an amazing show.I have watched all episodes of the show,they all are amazing.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I'm not big on product placement but this is the one show I think where the characters interest was 100 percent completely and honestly viable.

Wife and I love the show and the writing is very balanced.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I didn't even think of it as product placement until I read this thread. I just thought it was a goofy dad that really wanted an ipad for his birthday.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Don't kid yourself. That sort of "product placement" takes some solid coordination with the producers and Apple.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i finally got around to watching this show last week and got caught up in a few days. this show is laugh out loud hilarious! right from the pilot, there was no curve.

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
Pretty funny Apple advertisement tonight!

SAT800 and Grobot would agree with you . they had their Ipads at 8:30a. : )

I thought this was the funniest of the season

"ball 2"

" i dont have a taste for food "

" touch it but dont touch it"

"this isnt columbian chess"

"i am going to place that remembers birthdays"

" dont make me regret sharing that with you"

the whole birthday party with little phil

" is that Claires baked brie i smell??" " NO"

"just getting a shovel to fix my cake"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks