What's new

Moderately priced receiver suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Phil Thron

Second Unit
I need to replace my HT receiver. I live in an apartment and have speakers rated at 25-75W & would like to have DTS & DD decoders in the unit. Prologic II would be nice but I'm willing to lose that if need be.

Any suggestions from you formidably knowledgable folks about some good units in the 200-250 range if possible? If not possible, then the next lowest rung, perhaps...

Any help is appreciated...thanks!

Rick Mach

Auditioning
I would consider Onkyo. I have been pleased with my current unit and their low end receiver is just higher than your range (You can find it for $299.) It is the Onkyo TX-SR501. It has some nice features as well for the price. You can read out it at http://www.onkyousa.com

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I have the Marantz 4300. Look at www.accessoriesforless.com for it. A little cheaper there not sure about warranty if you buy online. If you can find a dealer around your area I'm sure you get a good warranty. It's in the 300-350 price range.

Phil Thron

Second Unit
Thanks, guys. I always appreciate input.

Any thoughts on either of these?

Yamaha HTR-5540
Pioneer VSX-D509S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks