What's new

ML Baseball 2005 Playoff thread (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Didn't get to see the great pitching matchup I hoped for, but at least the Braves won. I took my 4 year old and he was surprisingly well-behaved. Entertained the people around by shouting GO CHIPPER over and over and over.

Sox gonna get closed out tonight? That would really be something if they lose without Schilling even throwing a pitch.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Braves and Astros is now a best of 3...A good game last night, but only for the Braves fans.

Should be some interesting matchups tonight, lets see what happens.

Oh, and even though I'm not a Boston fan, I learned that they can't be counted out now until the final out has been recorded. Its amazing, but coming back from down 0/3 will do that for a team.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Ozzie silenced the critics by adding Orlando Hernandez to the playoff roster...fans were clamoring for Brandon McCarthy instead. Hernandez saved the White Sox tonight.

I think McCarthy will be added to the ALCS roster -- at the expense of Damaso Marte, who is completely useless.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Let me be the first to congratulate the 2090 World Champion Boston Red Sox.

It doesn't quite have the ring to it that the other catchphrase did, but how about 'The Curse of the Grafanino?'

The White Sox have that pixie-dust mojo thing working for 'em. They will be awfully tough to beat.

I'm a Dodger fan, but I'd gladly be willing to bask in the glory of a SoCal team kicking the Yankees' overpaid asses.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
El Duque was unbelievable, what a great performance. Based loaded, nobody out, and he gets them out of the 6th with no more runs given up and the lead preserved. Then a couple more great innings after that.

I don't think Grafanino's error is going to be remembered all that well. Not much doubt that the better team won this series, breaks or no breaks.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Here's hoping the Angels destroy the Yankees in the Bronx in such a humiliating manner that Steinbrenner fires Torre.

Torre could then be hired by the Dodgers. Oh, wait...

You mean, he'd want to be paid??

StuPoDesta and McBroke would not like the idea of a manager who would actually want to have a say in what kind of players he could manage. Stupid idea, rant off.

Go White Sox, or Angels, er, ANYBODY BUT THE YANKEES!!!!!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Jan,
You are ranting to the Dodger crowd here :) Luckily for us, we have some big money coming off the books(goodbye Darren Dreifort) so we can spend. Hopefully intelligently..

And the Braves lose again. Looks like my prediction of a first round loss is coming true slowly but surely. I didn't think it would be easy and it's not over yet.

Meanwhile the Yankees got blasted and are on the ropes

And the Cardinals appear to be on their way to play the Astros(IMHO). They are up 5-0 in the 2nd inning with Woody Williams out for the Padres already.

In truth, I think the Cardinals maybe the best team left(even w/o Scott Rolen which is scary) but they have a legit shot. If they can't get it done this year then who knows.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I haven't been able to follow the Angels closely this year, given the dearth of televised Angel games in San Antonio, so this may be a stupid question, but what's with the burnt logo on some of the batting helmets? I notice it every time I do catch a game, but the commentators never mention it, and it's just got me curious.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
I think those guys have a lot of pine tar on their helmets, George.

My favorite part of the White Sox making short work of Boston is that I no longer have to listen to that loudmouthed unabashed homer Chris Berman. Listening to him waxing poetic about Boston and their "gallant three year run" just about made me want to puke. At least Rick Sutcliffe and Mike Piazza imparted some sense of impartiality, but Berman is just a buffoon.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
That could very well be it. And maybe it's just that I'm not very observant, but I just don't think I've seen that on any other teams helmets.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the Angels are pretty over the top with all the pine tar on the helmets. Other teams do use it as well, though. In these pictures, you can see that while Vlad has him beat, Manny does have a lot of crap on his helmet:

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

Huh? Yes, he is a terrible announcer, but this guy roots for the Yankees in all games including those not featuring the Yankees.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Braves blow a 6-1 lead and are now in the bottom of the 12th inning. Ironically, I didn't even know when the game was on so didn't start watching until the 8th inning when all the trouble started, I'm a jinks I guess.

St. Louis dominating San Diego is hardly a shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks