What's new

MK Movie 5.1 Speakers (1 Viewer)

coreyspeakers

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey
I am struggling trying to find a receiver that I could use for my MK speakers. I purchased the MK Movie System that retails for around $1700 at Bestbuy. I am trying to find a good receiver that I would be able to use with these speakers. I am not very educated on sound systems and am looking to keep it low budget around $200.00. I understand that I will not be getting the full quality of the speakers with a $200.00 receiver, but I got the speakers fairly cheap and am a college student just using them for music at parties. If you have any recommendations I would really appreciate it. I would also not mind purchasing a used one off of eBay if it could be purchased at a reasonable price. Below is the link of the speakers: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MK+Sound+-+MK+Movie+5.1-Channel+Home+Theater+Speaker+System+with+150W+Powered+Subwoofer/4674071.p?id=1218503708744&skuId=4674071&st=MK%20speakers&cp=1&lp=3

coreyspeakers

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey
I'm just looking to be able to hook it up to my TV as well as play an Ipod directly though it.

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon
M&K speakers are typically 4 ohm so some receivers may not like that. Also, M&K are also efficient so you wont be pushing much power to them. Just check the specs of the speakers (Sub does not matter is this) and make sure the receiver is ok with 4 ohm loads.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
coreyspeakers said:
I'm just looking to be able to hook it up to my TV
No one ever stops with just one connection. At one time I had 3 DVRs, DVD, Blu-ray, XM and a cassette player connected.
coreyspeakers said:
as well as play an Ipod directly though it.
You do know that compressed music sounds worse over better speakers.

coreyspeakers

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey
I am going to connected it to a TV as well as Xbox and Ipod. I just need some recommendations of receivers that support 4ohms.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Onkyo is the only choice you have at a $200 budget. I'd start at A4L and pick the RC330...at least. The rear speakers are 4ohm. Fronts are all 8. Technically no AVR is going to have a problem with that. Denon, don't even touch one. I have no idea where you are going to find a $200 Yamaha. Pioneer, sure...maybe. So...Onkyo and Pioneer...but there is no way I would choose a $200 Pioneer of a $200 Onkyo.

Users who are viewing this thread