What's new

Mitsubishi WT46809 (1 Viewer)

Blake_L

Auditioning
To anyone who owns this Mitsubishi HDTV I'd appreciate any feedback. I'm looking to purchase this along with the stand (although the stand seems pricey at $300+). Positive and negative feedback would be helpful. Also any competitive HDTV recomendations would be useful. I know the Pioneer Elite is a better quality but i'm not ready to cough up that kind of $$ just yet. This is what I've narrowed my search down to thus far but I'm smart enough to know I don't know alot about this HDTV market.

Thanks in advance-

blake

Blake_L

Auditioning
In addition to the above stated question- I'm curious to know anything about set top boxes for my 21st century "digital" cable? what type of box do i need to achieve HD quality from this source- talk to me like I'm 5 years old on this subject- i know nothing about set top boxes except that they are expensive.

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance-

blake

Ryan_SS

Grip
Well I do own the 46809 and I love it, I did my comparisons, I checked out all of the various competitors, Tosh, Panny, Sony, Hitch, and to me it had the capability for the best picture for the money, Your right The Elite has a better picture but at a much greater cost. If you are a tweaker this TV will blow you away with its quality. The first this people will do is rag that it has RED PUSH, and while I admit it does, it can be rectified on DVD and other component inputs with 8 dollars in radio shack components, no soldering needed, and a permanent fix for all inputs has been found by building a cable and reprogramming. I don't know if I can mention certian sites on this forum since I am new but there is one spot in particular that is very helpful with mitsu's good luck on your purchace. I have been very happy

Mike I

Supporting Actor
I have the 46809 and it is a great set..It also comes with the "mits promise" of future upgradability...I am not sure what part of the country you are in, but time warner cable and a few other cable companies offer HDTV and provide you with the box at the same monthy cost as the regular digital box...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks