What's new

Mitsubishi HC-4900 LCD Projector projects greenish color ! (1 Viewer)

chimmoi

Auditioning
Real Name
Howie
Hi all,
I would like to get some advice of what the problem might be on my projector:
I have a Mitsubishi HC4900 1080p projector that works great for me until now. It only has 600 hours on it. Suddenly, when my son was playing on the X-box, everything froze. Ever since then, the projector only projects greenish color on the screen. I disconnected all cables from the projector, it still projects greenish color. I switched from HDMI to DVI, Components,... to no avail.
Can anyone suggest what might have gone wrong with my projector ? Some said one of the LCD filters has gone bad. Some said it's the mainboard. Some said it's the LCD block. I need some advice of how to go about further troubleshooting it.
Is it worth repairing ? This project is 4 years old and worked great for us. It has native resolution of 1920 x 1xxxx which I love.
Thanks in advance.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
This doesn't sound good. I would hook up another component to it and see what happens(Blu-ray player, DVD player,etc.). And again, check all the different inputs of projector and player. If that doesn't work, I would try different cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks