What's new

Mitsubishi 55411 and Burn ins... (1 Viewer)

Pierre Wygant

Auditioning
Hello,

Just recently recived my Mitsubishi 55411. I am very happy with it so far but the only question I have is about burn in. In the manual it clearly states that you should limit your viewing with letterbox to 15% per week.

Is this for real or is this number exaggerated?

I mean we watch regular television stretched because I know watching 4:3 with bars is no good but all movies except 1:85 anamorphic are going to have some bars on the top and bottom. I guess I could expand, stretch or zoom a little bit but that just distorts the picture or decreases detail. I also view SVCD's and they also are only viewable with bars since their resolution is only 480x480 but looks good on the expand mode.

Please let me know if I am a stickler about this or if most of you also watch widescreens with bars.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pierre

Pierre Wygant

Auditioning
Ooopps.. Just read the Burn in sticky thread at the top but other opinions about the 55411 would be appreciated...

Pierre

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Pierre,
I've had my 55311 since they came out in August and use it 80% of the time to watch cable with the family on stretch mode and it works fine. No burn in. Of course, I calibrated with AVIA and keep the contrast low. I also turned off the front controls so there would be no accidents. I watch DVD's all the time and as long as you don't watch ONLY DVD's that are 1:85 all the time or ONLY 2:35, etc, you will be fine. In other words, the varying aspect ratios should balance out any problems you might face with the black bars. Be careful on windowboxes, though!

Otherwise, enjoy! BTW- Do a search for 55411 and you will get a ton of threads from the past 4 months. Good luck!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks