Mitsu WS-55907 Image curves inward from bottom and top towards center

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean_L, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Dean_L

Dean_L Extra

I've had the WS-55907 for just over a year now. Today, I turn on the TV to find that the image from both the top and bottom curves inward towards the center. I have checked the convergence - no such luck.

I have an extended warranty that should cover this (THANKFULLY). I am calling them tomorrow AM for ASAP in-home service. However, is there anything I can check in the meantime?

Thanks!

Dean

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

If you feel adventurous, you can jump into the geometry service menu and tweak it a little bit.
    For your series, I think the code is either 1259 or 8259(check The Spot if that's not it--press menu and then the numbers), and press the audio button until it shows SD COARSE GREEN. Hit the video button until you get to 6 TBPC. Before you make any changes make sure you write down the default value. Use the up and down adjustment buttons and see if that helps. Press enter to save your changes and then hit menu to get out of the service mode.
    If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.
    If you do call service out and you do go into the service menu, change everything back to the default settings. Technically, making service menu adjustments can void your warranty.
    Good Luck,
    DJ