mits xd300u problems -help!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by darron Z, Jun 25, 2003.

1. darron Z

darron Z Stunt Coordinator

i recently purchased a xd300u projector . i am having probs recieving 480 520 1080 images. it only will show tv60 quality displayed on the screen . i am using a component cable via the 15pin div plug . when i first hooked it up , on certain dvds, i was recieving 525p images, then i put in gladiator 2:35-1 anamorphic. the picture would show it was being recieved as 525p , but every 30 seconds it would switch from upper anamorphic to lower anamorphic image ..wierd. i called mits and they couldnt figure it out , they said to take the vert sync off of auto in the menu. i did. no picture flipping, but all i can get is tv60 image in an anamorphic ratio (16:9) .
    i am using a sony progresive scan dvd player . on the back of the dvdplayer it has a manual switch says - selectable- interlace-progressive. ive tried every config in the menu . does anyone have experience in this situation ?

2. darron Z

darron Z Stunt Coordinator

aha - what a goober - i figured it out. in the dvd menu i switched it to progressive, instead of auto , as well as the back of the unit, as well i switched the vert snch to off instead of auto. viola! i now have 525p 16:9 .