What's new

Mits Platinum Integrate Tuner question (1 Viewer)

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
Is there any kind of signal-strength indicator with the built-in tuner on the Mitsubishi Platinum series RPTVs? I have excellent OTA signal reception with a cheap antenna and mediocre reception with the silver sensor. Everytime the streetcar passes in front of my apartment my signal drops out with either and I'd like to see what is actually happening to my signal in each of these scenarios. Ultimately I'd just like to be able to watch the signals without interuption.

I live 1 mile from the broadcasting tower in San Francisco so I'd also like to know if I'm actually overwhelming the tuner and if an in-line attenuator might do the trick.

Any help or advice would, as always, be appreciated.

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
That's what I expected.

For those who are interested, I purchased a variable (0-20dB) RF signal attenuator at RatShack and it actually helped at very low settings, or at least it appeared to.

If it weren't for streetcars I'd have perfect ABC, CBS, PBS, WB, FOX, and UPN digital broadcasts! Any other suggestions are of course welcomed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.