What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough Mister Scoutmaster doesn’t reach the heights of hilarity or satire that it might have attained with better writing and crisper direction. Still, it’s a pleasantly sentimental hour and a half with one of the Hollywood Golden Age’s most eccentric personalities.

[review]
Click here to read the original article.

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
Goerge "Foghorn" Winslow remains a favorite child star of the 1950s for me...and all the rest have simply faded away!

Blame his appearance in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A great many of the child stars I remember from the 1950s were on TV rather than in the movies: Angela Cartwright, Jon Provost, Tommy Rettig, Jay North.

But I'm sure you remember Brandon De Wilde more fondly and with greater critical estimation than George Winslow. Rusty Tamblyn and Noreen Corcoran were other MGM-contracted children I enjoyed into their young adult years, and all more talented than Mr. Winslow. And the wonderful (Oscar-winning) Bobby Driscoll.

Last edited:

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
"Foghorn" Winslow has a fun little appearance in Martin & Lewis' "Artists & Models". Considering the building up of friction between Dean and Jerry behind the scenes it's one of their funniest films (Not to mention Shirley McClaine's second film!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks