What's new

Mister Ed: Season 4 ... where is it? (1 Viewer)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
The prices on Select titles are not fine with me . Otherwise i would have bought them by now . You can say that the Select seasons are just $10 more but it's more then that when you add shipping and the fact that most people,like myself , paid much less than the retail price on the regular releases . On MR Ed seasons 1-3 i paid between $20-25 per season . For season 4 it will run around $45 .That's a big difference .

With that being said i will end up buying Season 4 of Mr Ed at some point . I also will buy the 2 Father Knows best Select titles . I have been holding out for a sale or coupon but i think that may be futile .

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Since the last season in only 13 episodes, it might make sense for Shout to bundle seasons 5 & 6 together for one big 39 show release.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Shout Select has put Mister Ed season 5 up for pre-order, with a street date of 6/21/2011 (which is well within the 7-9 month period between successful Select titles, may I add.)

Price? $35.99.

Let the complaining begin!

And here's a link...

http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257443

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Excellent. I was just today looking at my tapes and wondering if I was going to have to dub the last 2 seasons from VHS.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man
Shout Select has put Mister Ed season 5 up for pre-order, with a street date of 6/21/2011 (which is well within the 7-9 month period between successful Select titles, may I add.)

Price? $35.99.

Let the complaining begin!

And here's a link...

http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257443

That is awesome news! Too bad they couldn't bundle seasons 5 and 6 together since both of them together consists of only 39 episodes. I am surprised the retail price of this season 5 set is lower than the price of season 4. Maybe they are listening to consumers? Or could it be season 5 is considered to be a weak season? I don't know. But I do know that I will NOT be purchasing this at that price. I know, I know ... I probably sound like a broken record but I will say it again ... their price needs to be lowered. Thirty dollars sounds reasonable to me for a fifty year old black-and-white show. Anything more than that is asking too much as far as I am concerned.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
So we get to go through this again until season 6 is announced for a price you think is too high?

Anything more than $30 is too much? You certainly don't place much value in classic television if you think anything more is simply just not worth it. I can certainly see holding back for financial reasons if it's just too costly for your personal finances, but quibbling over a few dollars seems like nonsense for someone that actually enjoys this stuff.

I just can't imagine a fan of this show letting $5 decide their purchase.

As for the good news, I'm happy and I'm also pleased that we're not seeing it bundled with season 6. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that they're going to try to give us a bit more bang for our money with season 6 instead of just lowering the price to reflect the lower episode and disc count. I'd gladly pay $36 for a smaller set of episodes if the pilot is included and the full versions of the cut season 1 episodes that they located afterwards are included here to round out the set to justify the price remaining the same as season 5.

Then, I'll be a satisfied fan.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

As for the good news, I'm happy and I'm also pleased that we're not seeing it bundled with season 6. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that they're going to try to give us a bit more bang for our money with season 6 instead of just lowering the price to reflect the lower episode and disc count. I'd gladly pay $36 for a smaller set of episodes if the pilot is included and the full versions of the cut season 1 episodes that they located afterwards are included here to round out the set to justify the price remaining the same as season 5.

Then, I'll be a satisfied fan.

Same here.

And the same goes for Rhoda, too, assuming Shout is able to get the rights to release the final season of that show. It's in the same boat as Mister Ed... edited first season episodes, and a short final season.

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
[SIZE= 10px]Lotta folks ask how I learned to speak. Still ain't disclosing that secret. Didn't say my grammer was good. Picked that up from humans too. I'm older now. Out lived a lot of the folks who hung around and watched as the show was put together. Just want to tell all my fans I appreciate you all buyin' my shows. I wanted to tell you sooner but it took me longer to learn to type then it did to speak. Ever try typin' with a hoof? Ain't easy pal! Wish I could help getin' all the episodes to you fans but the studio folks don't come aroun' anymore. They used to listen to me. Now I bid my time tryin' my darndest not to wind up in a glue botle on some store shelf. Thanks for readin' and as my old tv pal used to say, "Happy Trails to you."[/SIZE]

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I noticed that Shout is having a 20% off sale (until 11/21 I think) so I finally broke down and ordered Mister Ed seasons 4 and 5. With shipping, it was still a somewhat hefty $72 but I don't know if it will get any cheaper than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks