Mississppi Mud (like Screen Goo)?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Mike*Williams, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Mike*Williams

Hope this goes in this forum since it's a DIY type question.

Has anyone used a homemade version of the paint-on screen like Screen Goo? I have a "recipe" that I found somewhere else on the net, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experiences or advice on this topic.

Thanks!
    Mike W.

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Yes I have Mississippi mud mix but I think a put too much of the white mixture over the silver so basically my screen is more of the white/pearlescent mixture. I use it with my Z1 and will stay with it for now.

3. Mike*Williams

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to be using a Barco 1208 CRT projector, so IMHO, I'm wanting the screen to be as white as possible.

So when doing this homemade "screen goo", is it like screen goo where you put a basecoat then a topcoat? Is that what you mean when you say you put too much white over the silver?

Would it be possible to give me your "recipe" so I can file it until I'm ready to paint my screen?

Thanks!
    Mike W.

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I painted my screen but its optimized for an LCD based PJ so its a silver/grey mix which wouldn't be suitable for you. If you goto AVS they have a whole section on Screens and there's a good chunk that are DIY.