What's new

Mission Impossible ? (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I disagree with Colin and wholeheatredly agree with Brandon. The main reason being is what both Brandon and I have stated in our previous posts. This is an UPGRADE and not a double dip! When in the hell will people learn the difference?!

[begin rant]

Would you call Charlie de Lauzirika's Top Gun: Special Collector's Edition, ALIEN: Quadrilogy, GLADIATOR: Extended Edition and several of his other hard worked on releases double dips? NO! They're upgrades from the previous release. In the terms of the 20th Anniversary Edition for ALIEN you can own both versions if you want. And here is exactly what I feel about BOTH the Signature Selection AND Extended Edition release for GLADIATOR from www.dvdcompare.net...

A true fan probably should have 2 different releases (if you already have the older release, then both of these new "Extended Editions" will do, but if you just want the new 3-disc set, choose R1, since it has also original "Theatrical version" - which is the true Director´s Cut of the film).

Why the hell can't people besides myself who have BOTH versions influence other guys who are too damn picky to own both?! Just look at my damn collection listing to see why I own both versions of certain films. Alot of these are my choices and I can't see why others can't do the same.
And the original non-anamorphic DVDrelease for Mission: Impossible came out back in 1998! So that means I've been waiting for EIGHT damn years and people are calling this a "double-dip"?! First it's no DTS = No Sale which is total bullshit and now this. Alot of people are hopeless.

[end rant]

I'm buying this UPGRADE Special Collector's Edition the day it comes out dammit and I'll be glad as hell about it. Bring on other Paramount films which were released in the infancy of DVD to be UPGRADED into a newer release.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
And while we're on the subject of MI, I wonder why Paramount is dragging its feet releasing the t.v. series, which I would think would be highly desirable...

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Uh, they are releasing Season One though. From which series I don't think they've stated yet. So that gets a big :confused: from me.
On the back of the DVD case it states it does but I figure those who actually do own the original 1998 release could confirm this.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I was mistaken,it does have a trailer on it. I must have been thinking about the old Top Gun release.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I hope the new SCE of Mission Impossible will include the one deleted scene I have heard of:

The love scene between Hunt and the woman

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Several years late, but right on the heels of Par's having announced that M: I 3 will be on hi def day-and-date this fall along with 2. Par for the Par course.

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks