What's new

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE '88 !! (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I apologize if its been posted elsewhere but I just read that MI - the series from 1988 is being released in November!!! I liked this show just as much as the original!!! It had Jim Phelps (the real thing, not that phony movie Jim Phelps) and other ties to to the original series!!! Glad to get this in time for the holidays!!

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I got the news as well. Never saw the 80s version, but plan to get it as I really liked Jim Phelps.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I have a friend who enjoys the eighties version rather than the original. He'll be ecsatic over the news. James

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I always thought this had a 50-50 shot of being released, and am happy that they're going ahead with it. I'd be a little more comfortable about it had this been an entire series release as I didn't get to see many of the second season shows. As I recall it was on at a time when another favorite show aired (maybe two!) and taping the episodes was a messy proposition.

I liked the technological updates in this show with digital delivery of the Secretary's messages, was happy that they kept the theme and updated it nicely, and that Peter Graves was again leading the team.

Harry

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Up for preorder at Amazon is the 89 tv season. Release date is February 28, 2012. I shall finally own every episode from both the CBS original series & the ABC reboot.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i never realized that jane badler was on the show. antony hamilton who replace jon erik hexum [hexum accidentally killed himself with a prop pistol] on cover-up was also in the reboot.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I will be picking up both these seasons! M:I (the tv series, not those sucky Cruise movies) has long been a favorite. I really enjoyed this revival when it first aired and am looking forward to putting it up on the shelf alongside my sets of the original series!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks