What's new

Miramax is releasingTrainspotting and others: CE - June 1st (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I prefer the monochrome poster style too, but at least its the original poses and not just a head shot of Ewan like a lot of catalog titles get. I don't recall this color version being the advert method here in the US, I thought it was monochrome as well.

16x9...man, I am so hyped about this release.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
hopefully the non-anamorphic SCREAM will be a part of the next wave.
also non-anamorphic FROM DUSK TILL DAWN & THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS (not sure if these are definately miramax though...)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Scream and From Dusk Til Dawn are Dimension. Nightmare Before Christmas was released under Walt Disney Pictures.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully Miramax doesn't screw up the transfers this time. They are notorious for uneven quality even on newer films.

Dan

RobertM.Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
I remember the first time I saw the colorized trainspotting VHS box. I hated it.

I had some slight hopes that we wouldnt have to suffer another poor colorized cover on this version of the DVD. Especially when the original poster its based on is so much cooler in shades of gray.

no word on what potential special features are yet either?

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
Oh my god. Who is in charge for the covers?! Trainspotting looks horrible (already said that in an earlier post) and now Flirting With Disaster??? Obviously designed by the same person, and they look just terrible. Terrible. Terrible. :frowning:

Sorry Unknown Designer.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Didn't the R2 SE have a full-bitrate DTS track? I seem to remember some discussion that it did. If this is basically a port from that disc, I hope they keep it.

Gareth Flynn

Stunt Coordinator
As long as a "straight port" doesn't include a transcoded PAL transfer, a la the recent Brazilian R4 release :thumbsdown:

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'll definitely pick up Trainspotting. One of my favorites and do look foward to the Worst Toilet in Scotland. :)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the news about the "Exclusive Director's 2-DVD Set." Looks like just about everything from the Criterion LD is on there except maybe the Irvine Welsh interview and the Scottish translation dictionary insert.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks