What's new

Miracles creator discusses the show... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
This is from www.cinescape.com

MIRACLES co-creator Richard Hatem spoke to the Tildanet.com website about life after ABC cancelled his thought provoking supernatural series. In the exclusive interview Hatem waxed philosophically about the show and also explained its origins, the current grassroots campaign to try and save the show, the unaired episodes and what would have happened in a second season. Hatem even tackles the question of a possible MIRACLES DVD collection...

"A DVD collection would be amazing: 13 hours of beautifully produced suspense stories that have a series-wide beginning, middle and end," said the writer to Tildanet. "If neither of those things occurs, which would be a horrible shame, I would not be shocked to hear one day that people had somehow gotten a hold of tapes and were sharing them over the internet. If that happens, all I can say to the intrepid internet sleuths who track them down is, you certainly cared more about the program than ABC did. Bon Apetit."

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
what a shame. We finally get a new and interesting show on TV and they cancel it.
I hope we get a DVD.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
These cancelled TV shows could all be released on DVD in limited runs and be available on official websites only, with small 15 second TV spots with phone/online order info, that way they don't invest much, make some money, and make fans happy.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Lenny, even if a show only runs 13 episodes, and there's very little in the way of extras, that's still about 10 hours worth of material to transfer and compress. THsi isn't going to be cheap.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I know I don't have state of the art equipment, but I "transfer, compress, and burn" about 12 custom DVD-Rs for myself a week with 20-30 hours of material, with menus, alone, for free. So that's all BS. It doesn't have to be flawless, you don't have to sit on it, just load up the film, leave your transfer encoding and go get a sandwich. :D

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
Well I'm used to watching the show in glorious HiDef so even a DVD version is going to be a step down. Besides I'm not sure I would want to watch them over and over anyway. It's a great show but I find rewatching hour long shows(40 mins w/o commercials) a bit too much.

It's a pity they don't have more faith in the product they produce. Still we've got stuff like "Mr Personality" and "Married By America" to keep us happy :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks