What's new

Mint Kenwood 1080VR receiver in Toronto. (1 Viewer)

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
Dolby Digital 5.1 (no DTS) with one coax and one optical input (user assignable). (I've replaced it with one capable of DTS.) Toronto only. For those who care it has 100x5 into 6 Ohms.)
The remote is a learning remote and works well, but it's a bit odd when the remote doesn't directly support a specific unit. I programmed the RCA DVD player codes into it by calling up the company and holding up the remote to the phone. After a few seconds of noises, the remote was programmed. Very strange but it works. For my TV though it already had the pre-programmed codes.
------------------
Eugene Hsieh, VisorCentral FAQ Editor
1000 km on a tank of gas??? Check out the Prius and drive the future now!
Check out my switched Dual Boot DVD Player Hack .
[Edited last by Eugene Hsieh on August 28, 2001 at 11:40 AM]

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Actually, the 1080VR receiver is rated at:
120 WPC L/R and Center, the Rear surrounds are rated at 60 WPC all driven at 8 Ohms.
It also uses a High Current Apmlifier.
I hope you got a god receiver to replace it, because it is a great one.
Bill

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Interesting sale item, but I must comment on your Prius link in your signature. Very, Very cool. I work for a conservation and restoration organization called Friends of the Rouge Watershed, in the Scarborough-Toronto area and we are very keen about the Prius also. We will be having Toyota employees show the car off to students and teachers at our tree plantings and also when we visit schools to do workshops.

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
quote: Actually, the 1080VR receiver is rated at:
120 WPC L/R and Center, the Rear surrounds are rated at 60 WPC all driven at 8 Ohms.
It also uses a High Current Apmlifier.
I hope you got a god receiver to replace it, because it is a great one.[/quote]Hmmm... My memory had failed me. You are right, the pamphlet says 120 across the front into 8 Ohms and 60 in the back. I'll have to look for my instructions to confirm. I replaced it with a step "down" judging by their numbering system, and got the VR-510. I wanted DPL II and DTS though. Funny, most of the time posts about sale items aren't so positive. Thanks.
quote: Interesting sale item, but I must comment on your Prius link in your signature. Very, Very cool. I work for a conservation and restoration organization called Friends of the Rouge Watershed, in the Scarborough-Toronto area and we are very keen about the Prius also. We will be having Toyota employees show the car off to students and teachers at our tree plantings and also when we visit schools to do workshops.[/quote]It is definitely a very cool car. I personally have not gotten 1000 km myself on one tank, but I have managed over 825 km on a 43 L fillup without trying very hard. I have done one minor modification and installed an Engine Run Indicator . Using their optional installation , I have installed it up on the dash. The LCD display has a ton of information there, but the one thing it doesn't tell you is if the gas engine is actually on or not.
It still freaks people out when I pull up to the curb in complete silent "stealth" electric mode.
BTW, it drives very well in the city, with a lot more pep than you would expect. On the highway it feels like a Corolla "only" though.
You can get more "real world" info on the prius here .
------------------
Eugene Hsieh, VisorCentral FAQ Editor
1000 km on a tank of gas??? Check out the Prius and drive the future now!
Check out my switched Dual Boot DVD Player Hack .
[Edited last by Eugene Hsieh on August 30, 2001 at 10:37 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks