What's new

mind your language (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I like to watch mind your language from time to time as i am huge british comedy fan. It is sad that the set is not complete as there is three episodes missing, like the road trip/play and i think their episode where mr brown is ill.
It is hard to pick a favorite episode as there are so many. I split my gut laughing on the scotish episode as the driver was funny and was causing conflict with rest of the students. The 2nd series first episode when the students come back because they failed was funny as well.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
The lead actor's(Barry Evans) early death is and remains a mystery. Found with alcohol & aspirin around his body it was suspected he suicided but a youth was charged with his murder but acquitted thru lack of evidence. Brought up in a orphanage and went to the Central School of Acting & Drama and won acting awards, his last years were spent driving a taxi in the area he was then living. He was gay and the youth was probably the clue but unproven.

The show was popular in Australia and we watched every episode. See notes below:

Mind Your Language - Complete LWT Series [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD set features Series 1 - 3 and not series 4. The series was released as a boxed set on Region 2 DVD in 2003, and on Region 1 DVD in 2004. Contrary to other reviews this set DOES include the Season 1 episode Kill Or Cure, the Season 2 episode Don't Forget The Driver, the Season 3 episode Guilty Or Not Guilty? However, the entire Season 4 has been ommited for reasons mentioned below. An alternate boxed set was released by Network DVD in November 2007, containing the complete Seasons 1 to 3. The remaining fourth series has yet to be released on DVD. Series 4 was made in 1986 by an independent producer in the mid 1980s ( It was resurrected briefly for the export market) it featured only some of the original cast. Some ITV companies didn't show any of the episodes made in 1986. Only Granada transmitted the final 13 episodes consecutively as a complete series.

I do have the Network 2007 Boxset as Amazon UK's database kindly told me.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
moviepas said:
The lead actor's(Barry Evans) early death is and remains a mystery. Found with alcohol & aspirin around his body it was suspected he suicided but a youth was charged with his murder but acquitted thru lack of evidence. Brought up in a orphanage and went to the Central School of Acting & Drama and won acting awards, his last years were spent driving a taxi in the area he was then living. He was gay and the youth was probably the clue but unproven. 
The show was popular in Australia and we watched every episode. See notes below:
Mind Your Language - Complete LWT Series [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD set features Series 1 - 3 and not series 4. The series was released as a boxed set on Region 2 DVD in 2003, and on Region 1 DVD in 2004. Contrary to other reviews this set DOES include the Season 1 episode Kill Or Cure, the Season 2 episode Don't Forget The Driver, the Season 3 episode Guilty Or Not Guilty? However, the entire Season 4 has been ommited for reasons mentioned below. An alternate boxed set was released by Network DVD in November 2007, containing the complete Seasons 1 to 3. The remaining fourth series has yet to be released on DVD. Series 4 was made in 1986 by an independent producer in the mid 1980s ( It was resurrected briefly for the export market) it featured only some of the original cast. Some ITV companies didn't show any of the episodes made in 1986. Only Granada transmitted the final 13 episodes consecutively as a complete series.
I do have the Network 2007 Boxset as Amazon UK's database kindly told me.  
I was sadden when read that Barry Evans passed on. I read different information saying that he struggle on securing work as his youthful appearance hinder job prospects. I got into mind your language from a friend and love it. I just like how stories within the show come to life. It is too bad that shows like this could not aired as their view would be inappropriate for today's multicultural society.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks