What's new

MILLENNIUM Season 2 DVD Reviews (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I will be picking my set up tomorrow aswell. I know it has been said time and time again but this season really is one of the best years of tv ever.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Can't wait to pick it up! I agree with Jon and others: Millenium Season 2 was one of the greatest seasons on TV I ever saw and the season finale was the best I've ever seen. I don't think I would have disliked how Season 3 launched as much if they hadn't so perfectly captivated me with the end of the second season. It held me in anticipation all through the spring and summer which made the change in styles in the third season that much more jarring and disappointing when it arrived in the fall.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Michael, they are in 16:9 widescreen (the sets that came out in the UK for S2 and S3 are in 16:9). FOX has done some gaffs in the past like listing HARSH REALM as Full Frame on the box when the episodes are in 16:9 Widescreen, and some minor goofs on the ROSWELL DVD site. So FOX saying Full Frame on the DVD site for MILLENNIUM S2 is just another minor error by someone at FOX.

I just wish we didn't have wait for S3 until the summmer since the UK has the S3 sets since November.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I had some trouble finding this today.

Took 4 stores before I finally got one at Media Play.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
went to best buy at lunch, tags were up for this set, yet it was nowhere on the floor...asked an employee where they were, his reply was "we didn't get them in yet, maybe tomorrow." Luckily, I saw a manager nearby and asked him, 1 minute after he went out back, returned with a whole cart full of them..."just sitting there." he told me...gah!

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Only one copy was left at my nearest Best Buy when I arrived at about 6:30pm yesterday. At most, there was shelf space for three copies, so hopefully they are gradually filling that hole with stock sitting in back. I do want to see good sales of this season to ensure the release of Season 3 (gotta have "Borrowed Time", "Collateral Damage", "Saturn Dreaming of Mercury", "Darwin's Eye" and others in widescreen).

The widescreen presentation shows some heavy 4:3 protection in a few places, but for the most part seems rather natural in 16:9. They did a better job recomposing the opening credits here in comparison to the simple crop job seen in most of the X-Files sets.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Just made it through the last disc (courtesy of calling in sick three days this week) and I am once again struck by how brilliant this season was. The show looks and sounds fantastic, the only thing I'm dissapointed about is the lack of involvement from Morgan and Wong with regards to special features. It would have been great to have some commentaries from them, or at least defend their dramatic decisions in the making of featurette. Instead we get 20 minutes of back handed comments about how they had changed the "direction" of the show. And how Chris Carter just didn't have time to keep them on track, or even tune in. It's not a good sign when a show's creator can't be bothered to watch...

But from what I heard there was a lot of behind the scenes consternation, and that by the time they were running Millennium, Morgan and Wong couldn't get out of their contract to Fox fast enough.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I just got my copy in the mail yesterday. I can't wait to get the chance to watch it. Hopefully I will get to check it out this weekend. Will be seeing these episodes for the first time as I discovered Millennuim on DVD. With the cliffhanger season 1 left I am really excited on where they will go from there. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I was dissapointed with the (expected) lack of Morgan and Wong on the discs too. I guess they don't consider it their most positive work experience though. And eventhough they didn't enjoy their time on the show, I hope they look back at their episodes and realize that they made some fantastic work.

Before the press release, I was hoping that maybe at least Darin Morgan would do a commentary since he did one (and was interviewed) for The X-Files DVDs.

No matter what anyone thinks of the direction it took, the second season of Millennium was a highpoint in television!

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Still haven't picked the set up yet, can't wait for next payday. It's funny, reading about the development of season 2 on websites dedicated to Millennium and on this forum. Of all the people involved in the show, everyone seems to hate the direction Morgan and Wong took things, yet pretty much every fan I've ever heard from loves season 2 and considers it a worthy and superior follow-up to the first season. This wait is killing me!

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I can't say enough how much I loved the direction they took Season 2. It seemed to be a natural progression from Season 1. If Carter's involvement in Season 2 would have kept them from exploring this angle then I'm glad he was absent. Clearly, when they tried to revert in Season 3, it didn't work at all.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Agreed. The hyper-morbidity of the first season was already getting old by the end of the first year. The implication you get from the comments of everyone but M&W was that they wanted to continue the serial killer of the week format. I'm sorry, but that's just untennible. And why would you name the show Millenium if you're trying to avoid supernatural elements? Call it Profiler and I won't bother to watch. The other funny argument getting thrown out was that the new direction was hard on the fans. Huh? As far as I'm concerned season 2 created Millenium fandom. I doubt I'll even buy season 3, and If I do it will only be for completeness sake.

Now if only they'd release Space: Above and Beyond...

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
I actually read an interview with Morgan and Wong about how they didn't think Millenium was coming back and they were fed up with Fox not promoting the show so they said screw it, let's end the world. So they wrote the show into a corner with the apocalypse and the next set of guys were stuck trying to right their way out of it.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Well, regardless of why they capped off Season 2 the way they did, it is my favorite season finale ever.

As for setting up the group itself as an adversary (or atleast as an uneasy ally), I thought this added some much needed complexity between Frank and the Group. Once they introduced the Group as an extremely far-reaching organization, not just in the sphere of influence but in the stream of history, it is a natural development that their goals would differ from those of a single man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks