What's new

Millennium Season 1 in July! (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Just finished it on Netflix.

I'm very impressed. I was a HUGE X Files fan but never got into the unrelenting darkness of this series. Before the dvds I never saw an entire episode. Now I'm thinking of buying the set. Lance Henriksen is fantastic in this! I loved on the doc where he said he thought the pilot was a movie and got nervous when he found out he'd be the lead in the series.

I hope the remaining two seasons are fast tracked in the states, if only to see more Darin Morgan scripts. Sorry to hear it fell apart in season 3, at the same time X Files went south.

Seems like after the X Files movie, Chris Carter lost his touch. Lone Gunmen was a waste of the premise (but I'd still buy the dvds) and I never got the chance to see Harsh Realm (that's next on Netflix). Still this box set was a great chance to experience that time when 1013 could do no wrong.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one who's getting a little nervous here? The UK-versions of seasons 2+3 both have a date but the RC1 release is not even planned. I really hope I won't have to "mix" boxsets.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully season 2 will be announced real soon. Its my favorite season, and I don't feel like ordering the R2. I really like the R2 cover though, and hopefully the R1's will be similar.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Really don't want to jump the gun, but this here was found in the comments at amazon.com:

"love this series, and I give the season one set five stars, but wrote to Fox about when we could expect season two and three and this is the answer I got:

Hello,

Fox has no plans to release the title in question [Millennium Season Two and Three] at this time. I will forward your request onto our corporate office so they can see what the public would like to see on DVD.

Thank you,
Fox Consumer"

It's probably just a standard reply, but still, it annoys me a lot. So it seems be safe to say the MM Season 2 is still FAR down the road, don't yout think?

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Such a reply doesn't mean a lot.

If it's not on the schedule, whoever is answering the e-mails probably isn't going to give out tentative release dates even if he/she knows them.

Actually, that reply looks like an automated response.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Looking forward to it! My wife and i rented all of Season 1 on Netflix and were left hanging by that finale. Can't wait to see what happens.

Could Lone Gunmen be far behind?

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I guess I'm going to have to look into this series as I never did while it aired. I have 6 of the X-Files seasons. Do you think this series would be a good blind buy?

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator

Absolutely. If you're a big fan of the X-files, imagine that show crossed with the movie Se7en and you'll have a pretty good idea of where Millennium sits. It's much darker than the X-Files, but just as good (for the first two seasons anyway).

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Season 2 has just been released here in the UK, and the big surprise is that the series is presented in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It's not that surprising, considering that Season 2 was produced alongside the fifth season of "The X-Files", which was the first season of that show to be shot in widescreen. "Millennium" Season 1 was produced alongside Season 4 of "X-Files", the last to be shot 4x3.

JulianK

Supporting Actor

Sure, anything in particular?

(Keep in mind that I don't want to spend hours looking for a specific frame!)

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
A screen cap from any episode would be fine, maybe something from the season finale of that season? ;) Thanks!

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

If "Millennium" is anything like "The X-Files", you'll never see the widescreen aspect ratio put to any use. The sides show dead space 99% of the time and the other 1% will ruin the illusion of a special effect by showing a stagehand holding a prop or a supposedly-nude character wearing a flesh-colored bathing suit. The only Ten Thirteen episode actually produced for 16x9 is "Triangle" in Season 6 of "The X-Files". All the others should be 4x3 on the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks