Mill Creek's Married... With Children rereleases, now with Love and Marriage theme song

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by The Obsolete Man, Nov 8, 2013.

1. jimmyjet

jimmyjet Producer

2. Hasslein

Hasslein Second Unit

Jim
    HA! I love Sally Field, but it's not her. It's Xena from "The Bitter Suite"

3. jimmyjet

jimmyjet Producer

i have heard of xena, but did not know anything about it.

her real name is lucy lawless ?

her pics do not look too much like sally.

4. WillG

WillG Producer

5. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Screenwriter

Robert
  6. WillG

WillG Producer

7. uVSthem

uVSthem Agent

Charlie
    Besides the opening theme song, does anyone know the the episodes have any other music that was changed on the original DVD releases? If so, will these changes stay on the Mil Creek releases?

8. spartandrew15

Andrew
    The season 5 episode "Oldies But Young'uns" originally had the song "Anna (Go To Him)" by Arthur Alexander playing over the end credits. On the Sony DVD, the song was replaced with the generic faux theme music that replaced "Love & Marriage". I don't know if the song is back on the Mill Creek release, as I can't find in-depth reviews in the usual sources (Amazon, SitcomsOnline).

Also, the Sony DVD's post-season 3 edited the end credits to remove the "Love & Marriage" credit. That's going to be a problem with the Season 7/8 DVD that comes out on Jan. 6, because those seasons have some episodes with bonus scenes that run during the end credits, and Sony replaced the moving scenes with still frames just to excise "Love & Marriage" from the closing credits (while retaining the audio of the scene).

9. spartandrew15

Andrew
    This Amazon review confirms what I suspected: Mill Creek simply re-used the Sony DVD versions with "Love and Marriage" restored in opening/closing credits, failing to account for certain episodes that had bonus scenes during closing credits. The "Oldies But Young'uns" episode still omitted "Anna (Go To Him)" from the closing credits. I think the rights to the song were prohibitively expensive for Mill Creek. Also, the closing credits on the episodes don't include the credit to Van Heusen and Cahn for composing "Love and Marriage".