What's new

Mill Creek release of Ozzie and Harriett (1 Viewer)

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Alright, who has seen this 100 episode Mill Creek set on QVC? I have been all over QVC's website and can not find it listed anywhere. When I do a search on their site the only set that comes up is the Shout Factory Best of Set. I just received my 38 episode set from DDD, but I want to buy the 100 episode set as well. So if anyone has seen this set on QVC or found it on their website, please post.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Doug...Jack...Didn't you read the email I posted from Mill Creek? (Which came later in the day than the info about 4/28 that MTO posted.) Mr. Warfield of Mill Creek said it would be on the QVC website in May. That could be any day between the 1st and the 31st.

So be like Ozzie,while you are waiting, go down to the Malt Shop and have Jack give you a burger and a coke.

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Boy am I enjoying this set! "Ozzie's Double" was a very clever show for its time (January, 1957). Also, I just queried QVC this morning about their alleged sale of the Mill Creek 100 episode box. "I have no information" was the answer.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
This is the first Ozzie and Harriet set I have encountered where there is an extensive number of episodes that feature the kids when they were young. These were always my favorite episodes (I recall watching many of these on TBS 27 years ago where I discovered the show). The episodes that I have viewed so far are great quality and appear to be uncut, most featuring the original commericals. Great job Mill Creek!! Keep 'em coming.

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Just had a chat with Mill Creek on the O&H situation. QVC purchased "several thousand" of the 100 episode boxes and were *thought* to have begun merchandising the set a week and a half ago. No idea why the delay. Pricing is expected to be

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I've got to say that I am enjoying these Mill Creek episodes immensely as I had never seen the show before. I'm also enjoying the commercials almost as much as the show. Who knew that Listerine used to be marketed as a cure for dandruff or that they had a toothpaste with Lusterfoam, or that halitosis was such a scourge, and who ever heard of 007 Cologne for Men. Flash-Cubes, Boy! that sure was a simpler time.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Just went on QVC again to see if it's availlable yet. Still nothing-

Has anybody heard of an availlability date for the 100 episode set?

Jack

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Well I've finished the set, and I have to say this is the budget TV box of the year. Most enjoyable. BTW, did you notice the credits for "The Top Gun" episode are actually those for "The Fraternity Rents Out a Room"? Curious! Anyway, a big public thank you to Mill Creek for making these available at a reasonable price (and including many original commercials.) :emoji_thumbsup:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

I concur! And "reasonable" isn't even the word I'd use. I say Mill Creek gave this set to us at a steal. Even if you only got the 38 episode set, instead of the 100 episode box a few of us got, it's still a fantastic steal.

Gary "and the original commercials are a fantastic 'extra' as well!" O.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I’m nearing the halfway mark of the 100 episode set and, as budget, public domain releases are concerned, it’s really a pretty amazing collection with nearly a quarter of the entire series represented in this set. With all episodes in the official release from Shout! Factory being the syndicated versions, this release is essential for fans of the show. The vast majority of the episodes are complete and even most of these have original commercials. There’s probably only a half dozen episodes or so that are cut, syndicated versions that I can recall so far. One can nitpick about less than pristine a/v quality and the lack of color episodes for season 14, but what’s here is highly watchable for the most part. What’s engaging about this show is how the creative writing team (Ozzie Nelson among them) is consistently able to find humor in the ordinary day-to-day situations that most of us experience at one time or another . . . . . “The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet” may be a 50 year old show, but its humor is timeless. Thanks, Mill Creek!

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered as well. QVC might not have any sets left to sell on the air after we get done with them. :D

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Something compelled me to buy one of the 'public domain' discs of O and H a few years ago, put out by PLATINUM....although they vary in quality, they are indeed more complete in running times than the Nelson Family sanctioned set.
It is kind of fun to gather all the releases of this that you can, since it is the only way to find certain episodes.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I have been enjoying the 38-episode Mill Creek set, and am curious now about purchasing the 100-episode set from QVC. However, I have a few questions for those of you who were lucky enough to receive the 100 set.

Are all of the same 38 episodes featured?

Of the additional 62 episodes remaining, are the bulk of them from the early, Thorny-era seasons (1952-1958), or are they the later shows, or is there a nice even mix?

Also, of the additional 62, are most of these new to DVD, or are they found on the other Public Domain sets (i.e. the Platinum and TV Guide collections).

This will be helpful in determining whether I want to make the upgrade to the 100 set. As a fan of the earlier episodes, I am hoping this set represents them well. Thanks!

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Thanks doc, it looks like there is a fairly even representation of episodes across all 14 seasons. The 62 additional episodes are from the mid-to-late seasons of the series. Most of the last few seasons' episodes are available in other PD sets but many of the early and middle seasons are unique to this set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks