Mill Creek release of Ozzie and Harriett

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by marcSo, Mar 28, 2007.

1. DaveyM

DaveyM Stunt Coordinator

I went to Deep Discount but i can't find any listing for the Mill Creek set.
    What am i doing wrong?

2. Bob Gu

Bob Gu Supporting Actor

Bob Gudera
    DaveyM, it is the set with no image for $8.16 listed as Ozzie and Harriet Classics, with the DTO item prefix. DTO = Mill Creek. Bob Hug has the deepdiscount link in post#3.

It's interesting how many Public Domain sets use prints that have original commercials featuring the cast members. Makes the PD sets worth getting just for them.

Ozzie and Harriet also had product placement within the actual show with Coca Cola.

3. docdoowop

docdoowop Second Unit

I hope the fact that mine is back ordered doesn't mean I'll get the "correct" 38 episode set...instead of the 100 ep.

4. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

Yes! One of the episodes that I viewed last evening had Harriet demonstrating the latest Kodak movie camera as she photographed David and Ricky at Disneyland. So far, this set is chock full of original commercials . . . what a time capsule!

5. Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch Second Unit

I'll second that!!

6. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

I finished disc 2 and I really like that Mill Creek has, apparently, released the episodes in order, unusual for a company releasing public domain material. With or without commercials, most of the episodes appear to be complete, though I did find one episode on disc 2 that clocks in at just 20 minutes. Ironically, the episode is titled “Be On Time.” So the score card so far for 16 episodes is three episodes that are syndicated versions and 13 episodes that look to be relatively complete (one or two have truncated end credits).

Hope everyone who ordered from DD (and other online stores, for that matter) gets the “deluxe” 100 episode version of this set.

7. docdoowop

docdoowop Second Unit

Well, shoot. My set arrived today from Deep Discount and it's the four disc, 38 episode one. A great deal, nonetheless.

8. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary

Dang! Color me "shocked." I would have bet anything that there were NOT two different sets, but instead that Mill Creek simply went ahead and produced the larger box. The fact that there are two different versions of this release blows me away.

Gary "I'm glad I pre-ordered this and got the 100 episode set, but I still can't believe others here aren't getting the same collection" O.

9. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Screenwriter

Are any of the color episodes from the final season available on DVD?

10. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

Charles, you'll find two color episodes on the official set from Shout! Factory that's being released next week but, unfortunately, another thread about the S!F set indicates that all of the episodes are 22 minute syndicated versions. That's a real shocker, considering that Shout! Factory is involved. The Mill Creek set (100 episode version, that is) has season 14 episodes, but they're in black & white. The 38-episode set has all pre-1960 episodes which, IMHO, are the better episodes of the series.

Sorry to learn that DD is now shipping the correct set; it's still a good deal, however, and can currently be had for about six and a half bucks thanks to a DD sale on Mill Creek products.

11. Jack Cleveland

Jack Cleveland Second Unit

Ok- I'm still waiting for the delivery, but from the sound of things I'm going to get the 38 episode set as well-

If this is the case, can anyone point me w/ a link to the 100 episode box from Mill creek on DeepDiscount DVD?

I'd appreciate it- I can't figure out the correct package!

Jack

12. docdoowop

docdoowop Second Unit

No way will you be disappointed by the 38 episode set. But "gosh darn-it Thorny", I wish I'd gotten the larger box. Now, just how does one use a "Pro-phy-lac-tic Tooth Brush?" [​IMG]

13. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

Jack, unfortunately, I think this was a case of DeepDiscount receiving (from Mill Creek) and shipping the wrong product (the 100 episode set). The only set from Mill Creek that DD is listing is the 38 episode set, and there is still no product listing for the 100 episode set at Mill Creek's web site.

14. MTO

MTO Agent

If anyone finds out how to order the 100 episode set from any source, would they please post here? I'd sure like to buy the 100 ep. set. (I also received the 38 ep. set from DD.)

15. docdoowop

docdoowop Second Unit

OK, Mark and Jack check out this post in the "bargains" thread at DVD Talk:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...66&postcount=8

The UPC #s match, so "Ozzie & Harriet Classics" must be the 100 ep box. I went ahead and ordered it, figuring $6.58 is worth a chance.

16. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

17. docdoowop

docdoowop Second Unit

I thought about it since they're right here in town, but I don't want to jinx the larger box....just in case it's not supposed to be available yet or something.

18. MTO

MTO Agent

Thanks. I e-mailed MCE. Here is the reply:

The Ozzie and Harriet 100 episode pack will be available for purchase through QVC on 4/28. Please tune in or go to their website on that date to purchase.

Thank you for your interest in our products!

Regards,

Digital 1 Stop / Mill Creek Ent

19. Bob Gu

Bob Gu Supporting Actor

Bob Gudera
    I e-mailed Mill Creek also today. Their response:

"Product intended for an exclusive Television shopping promotion was mistakenly shipped to Deep Discount DVD as the 38 episode collection. This was a small number of units which have since sold through. The product will be available on the QVC website in May, and a similar product will be released to the mass market by Mill Creek in the October timeframe".

What's interesting to me about this,is the fact that the 100 episode set will be sitting in storage until October, for the general public. I also wonder what other TV on DVD gems may be exclusive to QVC and other home shopping networks? Anybody, spot any other TV items of interest on home shopping channels?

20. Jack Cleveland

Jack Cleveland Second Unit

What a mess! I followed the link- Ordered a second time- then realized I had just duplicated my order! Called Deep Discount to cancel the duplicate item, but they can't cancel it because it hasn't been processed!!! I have to wait until tomorrow before anyone can help me!

The moral of the story? Read the whole thread before you start clicking on links!
    I guess I'll check out QVC on the 28th!

Jack