What's new

Mike Myers to Digitally Insert himself into old films (1 Viewer)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
isn't that what that guy did with Kung Pow: Enter the Fist?

stuck himself into footage from an old chop socky film, and re-cut it and re-do the dialogue into a completely different story?

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Just another example that Hollywood is running out of ideas. If you can't think of anything new, rehash the old stuff.

Nick White

Stunt Coordinator
Exactly! Remakes are one thing, but putting yourself into a classic film is ridiculous and stupid.
Well I didn't see anywhere in the article that mentioned him inserting himself into "classics." It just said "existing films."

Secondly, I think that if it's meant as a parody, this could be a funny idea. MST3K did this in a way.. so did Woody Allen as the article mentioned.. so I think that Meyers could pull something creative out of this, if done right. (Special emphasis on the 'if')

I always have liked Mike Meyers but I haven't liked those films a ton. It will be nice to finally see him doing something different.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Dead mean don't wear plaid, know what I mean?

I don't know. If it's a film as a whole, I don't see a problem with it if you keep the original, non-adultered version available.

That is a big if.

On another hand, it is sad if that is all you can come up with creatively. One film is one thing; a whole library tells us that you have completely run out of ideas.

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
I dont see what the big deal is, Its been done before, and Im sure could turn out quite funny. I dont think its sacrilegious to do it,its not like it would be destroying the film,,I think theres alot worse being done to films. Everyone would and SHOULD know its for fun,its not like there gonna go in a take the negatives and change them. People get crazy sometimes with these things.

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
I thought Steve Martin did it best in DEAD MEN DON'T WEAR PLAID. Very funny and very clever.

-Mike

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Mike Myers would rather Digitally insert himself
in old films rather than do a Waynes World 3 or
something original thats non austin powers?
hmm... I just dont know anymore.

-Mike

clayton b

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I guess this all depends on how it's handled. If for example Meyers plans on remaking Vertigo by inserting a subplot with Fat Bastard then someone with some brains should nix the idea now. If he plans on doing some kind of project like Forest Gump where he appears sporadically in different moments in history, only in this case film history then I'm all for it. Sadly, the impression I get from reading that article is that he just wants to re-release old movies with himself in them. :thumbsdown:

Glenn L

Stunt Coordinator

I was waiting for someone to mention this! Maybe now we'll finally get that possible nude scene from Juliet ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks