What's new

"Migrating" DVD Profiler (1 Viewer)

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I've ordered a new computer for home, and should be taking delivery within the next week or so. How can I "migrate" my DVD Profiler to my new computer? I still have the download file to install the software and can easily copy that to the new computer. Is it safe to assume that if I copy the entire "Intervocative Software" directory everything I need will be included?

I don't have my DVD collection online with DVD Profiler. Would it be easier to create a user profile and then simply copy everything onto the new computer, or would simply copying the directory be easier?

Hopefully it won't be necessary to re-enter everything, as I have nearly 400 titles now.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Steve K.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Within DVD Profiler you can backup your database and transfer it to your new computer.

Go to the File Menu and select Backup Profiler Database. Save to a storage device that will allow you to transfer it to the new computer and you are ready to go. (Of course you should be backing up regularly anyways since you don’t want to lose your data incase of a HD crash.)

Once you have Profiler installed on your new computer you can restore by going to the File Menu and selecting Restore Profile Database.

I've done it many times and have never had a problem.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Patrick - that was easier than I thought. That's better than trying to copy all the files in the directory, because there are MANY files, including hundreds of image files, etc.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Steve K.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Can't you even upload your collection to 'My Profiler' on Intervocative's web site and download it to your new PC? Click on 'Online', then 'My Profiler'

Grant B

Senior HTF Member

That's what I did when I got my new computer.
You need to download the SW from their site to the new computer first. The update your list from the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks