What's new

Midnite Movies (1 Viewer)

Martin Welch

Agent
Real Name
Martin Welch
Is this studio that out of reach? We've been telling them for years the films we want, and that's the best list they can come up with?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yup, that list is a bunch of crap.

The only methodology I can think of is that most of those are from fairly recent decades (80's and 90's). Maybe they just scraped together whatever unreleased titles were the most recent and picked the rest from a hat.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
It baffles me how MGM's library hasn't already been bought outright by Sony, Fox or Warners.

They've limped along for about twenty years doing sales and distribution deals with several companies.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
I don't get this list at all. PRISONER OF THE MOUNTAINS is already available on DVD from MGM and SLEEPAWAY CAMP II is licensed to Anchor Bay...

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
That really is a shocking list. The company cite poor sales as a reason for their lack of releases, and then they offer up a list of those titles as possibles for the future. Obviously sales will be poor - who do they think is going to buy that rubbish!

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
But what do they have that is really valuable other than the Bond and Pink Panther films? If Warner owned their library, most of the other stuff would go onto Warner Archive.

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc

I would absolutely die if THE MUSIC LOVERS finally comes out on DVD. I already started a separate thread about it yesterday. One of my favorite films of all time and I've been harping on about it on these forums for years.

The rest of that list is somewhat dire, especially as far as MM goes. Still, that just makes it even a better chance that THE MUSIC LOVERS will win!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

ptb2007

Agent
Real Name
Paul Trevor Bale

I imagine you are in the USA Martin, as us European fans of Hammer are bemoaning the fact that Columbia has a large library of Hammer titles still unreleased that we want, while the films you mention have had great DVD releases in the uK and Europe.
We are luckier than you guys too as we can buy multi region players, which I understand you cannot, so my collection contains many titles from the US as well as Europe and the Far East.
Yet still there are many many titles I want to see on DVD.

Martin Welch

Agent
Real Name
Martin Welch

Exactly, and how can we take seriously their cries of "poor sales" when they badly market titles or come up with a list like that. Agreed that THE MUSIC LOVERS is a great film that needs to be on DVD; I voted for it.

George Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I voted for THE MUSIC LOVERS as well - excellent film. MGM is also holding out on Russell's SAVAGE MESSIAH and VALENTINO.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Ladybird, Ladybird is an excellent film from veteran UK director Ken Loach...definitely not a piece of rubbish!.

I'd buy that and The Music Lovers in a second!!

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Jeez, this is depressing. If I see yet another version of The omen or The Simpson's Treehouse of Horror this year and they call it The Halloween 2009 promotion I'm gonna cry myself to sleep. Is this really it? Where is The Stepfather? Motel Hell, Scanners? Surely they haven't exhausted their library. What about the tons of stuff they got wrong the first time around? Fullscreen-only fiascos, bare-bones mediocrities and such? MGM, Please don't die yet! Oh, God.

George Reis

Stunt Coordinator

Unfortunetely, it looks like rehashes are all we're gonna get this Halloween unless they actually listen to us and do a quick turnaraound. MGM/Fox is far, and I mean far from exhausting their library for horror and all other genres.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
What exactly are the Halloween rehashes we are supposed to be getting this year?

Can anyone provide any titles??

George Reis

Stunt Coordinator

I don't know any titles, but I've been told there are only rehashed horror titles (all stuff that's already available, but possibly repackaged) and no new-to-DVD titles. Let's hope the so-called Halloween schedule was still in its early stages and they'll add more (or listen to our requests) but I hate to say, I seriously doubt it.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I vote for in order-
1. Burn Witch Burn
2. Vampire Circus
3. Twins of Evil......

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Another vote in for THE MUSIC LOVERS (peak Ken Russell, if you're not familiar with it). The rest of the list is pretty much head-shaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks