What's new

Microsoft to officially unveil Xbox next, aka Durango May 21 (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sam Posten said:
Yeah the event is only an hour long per the signs being tweeted by reporters on the ground there. Sounds like they have a whole day of activities planned but the 'event' is very short.

3.5 hours to go. I am planning on taking a late lunch and running home to watch Spike live.

Rumor round up.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/20/next-xbox-rumor-roundup/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget
It's one our long because Spike TV has an exclusive on the 1 Hour rollout, starting in 50 minutes..

Everyone else can stream, but the video board exclusives plus 30 minutes after belong to Spike..

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
"We love games! So here are all the things you can do OTHER than play games on our new console with a confusing name that looks like our main competitor's console. And it's all VOICE ACTIVATED! And you can switch between watching TV and playing a game just like changing channels!"

This makes me want to go outside and play catch with my son. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
"Check out our innovative new games, like Madden Football and Forza Motorsport, and an adventure game with *actual video* cutscenes!"

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hm, the Fantasy Football idea is intriguing. . .or it would be, if I hadn't sworn off Fantasy Football. (Again. . . :rolleyes: )

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The Call of Duty demo is really cool. But not an exclusive, of course.

No, Sony is not paying me to post, sadly. . . :(

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Aaron Silverman said:
The Call of Duty demo is really cool. But not an exclusive, of course.

No, Sony is not paying me to post, sadly. . . :(
While it's not exclusive, MS pretty well announced that all DLC will be "first time" exclusives, which means XBOX One will get the DLC first with an exclusivity window.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That's the same as now, isn't it?

Temporary DLC exclusives are meaningless to me (not that they're meaningless to others).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Aaron Silverman said:
That's the same as now, isn't it?

Temporary DLC exclusives are meaningless to me (not that they're meaningless to others).
I don't know, I don't play any call of duty (period). So I can't comment on that, but I know some exclusives are not just time-limited but seemingly permanent..

We'll have to see. Still, I thought it was a pretty good presentation for them since they are breaking it down to show games at E3.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Overall, pretty interesting. I think both Sony and Nintendo have more interesting hardware and software concepts in their new systems. Xbox pretty much looks like another Xbox. Good Hardware, slightly re-designed controller. Business as Usual. We'l see how it looks at E3, when we see *actual* gameplay footage, and maybe get a better idea of launch line-up. As of right now, I think I'm still leaning PS4.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Between the built in Kinect and the DRM issue I'm not inclined to buy this. I can already do 1080p gaming on my big 67inch LED DLP with my PC in 5.1 surround with DRM free games that cost less than half the price of current video games.
I'll miss the exclusives for sure but c'est la vie.
Not even that sure about a PS4 at this point.
In a year from now, an Ouya could be looking very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks