What's new

Mickey Mouse in Living Color and a child's laughter (1 Viewer)

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
My 8 year-old son and I were watching Mickey Mouse in Living Color tonight and he was having one chuckle after another. There is nothing better than hearing a child laugh. I told him that these cartoons were 26 years old before I was born, but they are still great today as when they were first shown back then. I hope Disney will continue to release some more treasures in the future as both my son and I will enjoy those too.
Considering the age of the cartoons, the transfers are pretty good. If you have young children, I suggest you grab a hold of a copy and sit down with them and enjoy the wonderful world of Disney.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I love this disc. I remember when some of the titles were available on a wind-up view master. I don't recall the name of the actual toy, but you were able to watch the footage both forward and backwards with a crank of the handle.

Let's hope they release more titles in the future.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
I had that one as well. I'm surprised I didn't wear it out by watching it backwards and forwards and in slow-motion all the time.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My 8 year-old son and I were watching Mickey Mouse in Living Color tonight and he was having one chuckle after another.
Terry, I couldn't agree more. I'll just add that although I am a big fan of Walt Disney World and Disney animated features and Disney music, I wasn't sure what I would think MYSELF of the Mickey Mouse shorts. I hadn't had much exposure to them. I find myself chuckling aloud and enjoying them immensely. They are charming, inventive, and just plain funny.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i grabbed that dvd so that my baby ( 1 year old two weeks ago ) could enjoy disney's masterpiece. i am still looking forward to seeing him enjoy the dvd. i even bought tons of other disney's dvd especially for him...

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Quote: "If you have young children, I suggest you grab a hold of a copy and sit down with them and enjoy the wonderful world of Disney."

---

I'll second that.

But you can enjoy these masterpieces even if you don't have any young children around. The Mickey Mouse shorts are for children of all ages, including myself at 27...

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
I got the set (along with all the other tins) before Xmas and took it with me to Ireland - using my laptop hooked to a TV to play em on :)
I was watching them with lots of my cousins (6-12 years old) and they were all laughing away and couldn't wait for the next ones to start. Same with Silly Symphonies.
Yep, that was great.

Mark Hanson

Agent
Actually they are for kids of all ages. It is a person is so happy to have a kid to share it with. Before that I remember sneaking into the theater just behind a family with a lot of kids, so it did not look that strange.

So I get to love the giggle of my daughter as she gets to watch one Mickey, Silly Symphony, or Clifford each evening before stories. So to Disney, need more treasures before she memorizes all of these.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
My 5-1/2 year old almost had milk coming out of her nose from laughing at Goofy's surfboard antics in "Hawaiian Holiday".

Take that as warning: don't let kids drink milk and watch Mickey Mouse cartoons.

Regards,

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
That film viewer was called the Fisher-Price Movie Viewer. I still have the viewer and several of the film loop cartridges but I still can't figure out how the thing works, I'm afraid to take any of the carts apart. I had a projector for these too but it broke (it projected onto a screen but you still had to hand-crank it.) I almost forgot about this thing until I saw "Brave Little Tailor" on DVD, since I did look at that frame-by-frame both forwards and backwards on the film loop!
I also had another Fisher-Price thing called "Talk to Me Books", which were books with a small record on every page, and you placed a small player with a speaker on the side over them and it would play about 15-30 seconds of sound per record. One of the ones I have is based on Lonesome Ghosts; I still have the stuff somewhere- maybe I should transfer them to CDR? :D

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I remember as a kid I wanted that toy so badly. I still remember the temper tantrum I threw because my parents wouldn't buy it for me. Hmmm, maybe that's what caused my dvd addiction;)
Hopefully with the success of the Treasure dvds, Disney will release Mickey Mouse: The Black & White Years on dvd.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
We finally weaned my 3-year-old son off the Silly Symphonies discs and now he's hooked on the Mickey Mouse shorts. I've watched "Mickey's Trailer" every night for the past month but I'm still not complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks