What's new

Miami Vice (2006) (1 Viewer)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I designed this poster out of sheer boredom. I'm still a PS noob so forgive me :) I'm gonna work on it more later on.
mv2.jpg

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I had zero interest in this film until I saw the trailer. I have to admit that it looks like it has potential. It definitely reminds me of the TV series, in a good way, and I love Mann's work. I'm putting it on my 'to see' list for now.

Mark E J

Second Unit
Actually Mann did not write or direct for the show. He was the Executive Producer, and was mainly in charge of the visual style and music for the show.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
On television, the Executive Producer is the showrunner, the equivilant of Director in film. He was credited with atleast one script (episode 1.14 "Golden Triangle: Part 2"). The other Executive Producer, Anthony Yerkovich, is also an exec. producer on the movie.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I've started renting the series from Netflix. Just finished the Pilot and 2nd episode. I vaguely remember watching the show a couple of times as a kid, but it definitely wasn't a regular series for me. It's definitely dated, but still pretty entertaining, IMO.

I'm really looking forward to the movie, mostly because I really loved Collateral, and this looks a lot like that. BTW, I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet, but you can download the teaser in 720p WMV-HD from the official site. Mann definitely seems to be a fan of shooting stuff in HD video.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I didn't know Gong Li is in this. Very nice! :)
Looks like it'll be good. Mann said the movie doesn't have much in common with the show and that it'll be darker.
~T

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Beautiful trailer. Mann is certainly the best director releasing a film this summer, and that trailer was a clear indicator. Gorgeous to look at...can't wait for the film.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I'm having trouble getting the trailer to play. In fact, I can't ever get Internet Explorer to play movies via the QuickTime plug in.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if any of the original cast members are going to make cameos? It would be funny to see Don Johnson in it.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I didn't care for the 1st teaser but the trailer looks good. Plus, it's Michael Mann, and aside from Ali, all of his movies are awesome.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
That HD trailer is ridiculous. I'm convulsing on the floor. This is a ballsy advertising campaign. Clearly going for the more adult crowd. Great, great posters.

Regards,

Nathan

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Vice will continue Mann's trend of adult action flicks(like Heat and Collateral) and be Rated R. The trailer looks fantastic! :emoji_thumbsup:

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Brent, it will be rated R, according to EW, which states that Mann specifically insisted on it.

Regards,

Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks