Michael Jordan - Still Amazing!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott-C, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

I just watched the Wizards lose their pre-season game to the Nets, but was amazed that Jordan can still do the things he can do. It seems there's no limit to this guy's capabilities!
    Truthfully, I think he can get in better shape. My sense was that his legs weren't there in the 4th quarter, but still, when he gets in a zone...look out.
    The real challenge will come when he gets caught in a mismatch and has to defend someone super-quick, like Iverson or Kobe.
    Still, it's pretty impressive to watch him hit for 41 in a pre-season game after 3 years off!
    ------------------
    Scott

2. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I agree. Watching him hit back to back 3's and then that spectacular dunk. Wow [​IMG] It was a fun game to watch. I was somewhat surprised to Keith Van Horn healthy. I'm sure it won't last beyond the preseason. [​IMG]
    Jon

3. Gilbert Galindo

Gilbert Galindo Stunt Coordinator

The guy is fuckin incredible. Believe me, I saw him play for 13 years here in Chicago. I still wish he didn't return, but the Jerry's are to blame for that. MJ is the greatest athlete in organized sports history.

4. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Yeah, I'm a huge fan, and I've seen him "live" 5 or 6 times in as many cities, and I wish he hadn't returned too. No athlete could script a career ending like his in '98 against the Jazz.
    I've grown up watching him, and even use some of his milestones to remember important parts of my own life ("I was taking a college history class when he won his first NBA title, etc.").
    I do agree that this guy is the greatest athlete ever in organized sports. He'll have an uphill battle with the rest of the Wizards, however.
    The big question is...how can he afford to give up his yearly salary and still get by??? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Scott