What's new

Michael Jackson "This is it" DVD question/help (1 Viewer)

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I immensely enjoyed the movie and just got the DVD. Unfortunately the scene selections don’t have label/descriptions and are just simply numbered (a sad growing trend with dvds these days).

Can anyone provide me a list of the songs from the movie and to what scene # they appear in the DVD?

The DVD has 28 scenes and I believe there were about 20 songs performed in the film.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Looked it up here - not sure of the order, but the # is the same that you mentioned... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson%27s_This_Is_It#Content [edit Songs performed in the film
  1. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"
  2. "Speechless"
  3. "Jam"
  4. "They Don't Care About Us"
  5. "Human Nature" °
  6. "Smooth Criminal" *
  7. "The Way You Make Me Feel"
  8. "I Want You Back"
  9. "The Love You Save"
  10. "I'll Be There"
  11. "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)" [Instrumental]
  12. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (duet with Judith Hill)
  13. "Thriller"
  14. "Beat It
  15. "Black or White"
  16. "Earth Song"
  17. "Billie Jean"
  18. "Man in the Mirror"
  19. "This Is It" (played during the credits)
  20. "Heal the World" (live audio played during the credits)
* - Smooth Criminal was both performed in the film and played as backing music during the dancers' auditions; the performance piece also included songs "Put the Blame on Mame" and "I Hadn't Anyone Till You". ° - Human Nature was also played during the credits and at the end of the movie, featuring an alternate video clip. [edit Notes
  • "Speechless" is an A cappella snippet.
  • "Jam" contains a sample of "Another Part Of Me".
  • A dance rehearsal sequence performed (named "Drill") contains samples of "Bad" and "Mind Is The Magic".
  • "They Don't Care About Us" contains samples of "HIStory", "She Drives Me Wild", and "Why You Wanna Trip On Me".
  • "I Want You Back", "The Love You Save" and "I'll Be There" is usually referred to as "Jackson 5 Medley".
  • "Shake Your Body" features a played sample of "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough."
  • "Thriller" contains samples of "Is It Scary" (credited as "Ghosts - Underscore") and "Threatened".
  • "Earth Song" has a section from its demo version called "What About Us"[30].
  • "Heal the World" is a live version in which the audio is played during the end credits.
  • "Bad", "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough" and "Who Is It" are played as backing music.
  • According to the iTunes exclusive documentary "The Musical Experience", 7 other songs were going to be performed for the concerts: "Rock With You", "Dirty Diana", "Will You Be There", "Dangerous", "You Are Not Alone", "We Are The World", and "Heal The World".

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
^^^Thanks for the list but the DVD has 28 scene selections so it wont be in direct order of the songs in the moive. There's interviews/behind the scenes stuff that extends it.

I assume some of the scenes on the dvd contain some behind the scenes stuff, before, durring and after a particular song. And some scenes may not contain any songs at all. I simply want to know in which numbed DVD scene matches up to 20 songs from the movie.

I find the scene selection feature in this DVD is useless. If I have freind over and want to show him the song "Smooth Criminal" for example, trying to find the scene to skip to is like a needle in a haystack. The scenes have NO discriptions and the pictures doesnt help because most of them are just pics of MJ singing which could be any song .

If any DVD ever made needed captioned chapter stops, this was it. Pretty unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks