What's new

Michael Jackson interviewer Martin Bashir - BUSTED! (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
...and why is it only young boys? how come no pictures of michael jackson with young girls? if it's truly about his love and caring for children, he should care for both sexes equally, no?
It wasn't only young boys. Children of both sexes and all ages were part of the sleepovers. The big misconception in all of this perpetrated by the media is that the sleepovers were only young boys, and that they continue unsupervised to this day. That is totally untrue. MJ may be a weirdo, but he isn't stupid; and to continue to do what got him into trouble in the early 90's would be stupid and deserving of all the scrutiny that anyone could muster.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
What MJ has become is, really, just pitiful. I was never a big fan, but enjoyed some of his earlier stuff. Then he just lost it, you gotta admit this guy REALLY LOST IT...and I honestly cannot see how anyone can bear to watch anymore. His attempt to accept the "Artist of the Millennium Award" on MTV took it to a higher level and was probably the most heartbreaking thing I've ever witnessed on television...not because it was MJ either, I wouldn't want to see ANYONE in such a brutal spiral. It's like the only reason most peoople are even paying attention to him anymore is for the freakshow aspect, not because they care about his music, and he doesn't even seem to realize this. Isn't anyone giving Michael a clue to how he's coming across? Yeah he's been weird for years...but his weirdness is approaching critical mass and something's gotta give. He seems completely disconnected to me...extremely strange, and a bit scary. MJ should be in complete seclusion, until such time that he is able to again grasp reality. I got a bad feeling about where this is all gonna end up. He needs help...badly.

On the plus side, if he ever decides to remake the "Thriller" video, he won't need to spend near the amount of time in the make-up chair for the zombie transformation scene. :)

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
That is totally untrue. MJ may be a weirdo, but he isn't stupid; and to continue to do what got him into trouble in the early 90's would be stupid and deserving of all the scrutiny that anyone could muster.

It would be stupid. Kind of like when a sex offender is release from prison and is required to register in any community that he moves to...because he is a sex offender and is unlikely to change.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
In the original interview with Bashir, Michael said that he shares his bed by letting kids sleep in it while he sleeps on the floor. He sits in bed with them, gives them warm milk and cookies, reads them a bedtime story, and then the child sleeps in the bed while he sleeps on the floor.
He also later admits without any prodding by Bashir that he slept in a bed with the Kulkin children among others.

I am convinced he is guilty. Although the dateline special was a little bit sleazy I found the statements of the former LA prosecutor credible. I don't think he would risk lawsuits by bending the truth. I don't think an innocent person would payout 20 million dollars to make it go away when you could use that money instead to defend yourself and prove your innocence.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't think an innocent person would payout 20 million dollars to make it go away when you could use that money instead to defend yourself and prove your innocence
At the time, $20 million for him was pocket change. Had he decided to go to court, he would have either spent even more money for lawyer fees or could have risked losing MUCH more. Settling for the $20 million was the best thing he could have done.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Well he's decided to sue the makers of Bashir's documentary now. More publicity. Is he releasing an album soon or something ?

I don't think an innocent person would payout 20 million dollars to make it go away when you could use that money instead to defend yourself and prove your innocence.
I agree with that, especially given the nature of the allegations.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
What stuck in my mind was the alarm outside his bedroom. Why would someone with that much security need an alarm to alert him to someone approaching the bedroom? The alarm would go off for anyone approaching his bedroom; household staff, security, parent staying in the other wing.

It just doesn't help his credibility that he persists in doing questionable things when he knows he's under intense scrutiny. What's to prevent other kids from claiming they were molested? Nothing. Just spending the night at Neverland with one's parents should be wonderful enough for anyone. Sharing his bed goes beyond the lines of mere generous hospitality, particularly for someone who can afford to have dedicated guest rooms. Any reasonable person would not put themselves in that kind of position. Particularly someone who could be a target of unscrupulous people. Whether he is or is not a child molester, it is a foolish thing to do and that he persists in doing it tells me Jackson is a danger.

Another thing. That Botticelliesque portrait of him in the recording room. Who on earth could see that and think this guy still has all his marbles? Never mind that he looks like Margo out of Shangri-La or that his best friend was a chimpanzee. I'm afraid he has fallen victim to his own publicity. There are no checks on his power, no one to tell him off. When criticized for anything he becomes a victim and proceeds to blame those around him. Look at the whole debacle with Tommy Mottola.

Jackson clearly believes that if he says it then it must be so. Lightening his skin? No, he's a VICTIM of the most unusual case of vitiligo ever seen. Bad record sales? No, he's a VICTIM of a racist record executive. Multiple surgeries? No, he's a VICTIM of tabloid journalism. Molesting pubertal boys? No, he's a VICTIM of sinister forces.

Yet he still maintains all these things are true yet we know beyond any possible doubt that he HAS had numerous surgeries yet he boldly lies without any comprehension that by lying about something so obvious leads people to wonder just how credible his defense claims are.

All in all I think Bashir was on-target.

I would never let my child spend the night with Michael Jackson, in or out of his bedroom. No way. The man has no connection to reality what-so-ever.

It is sad but I only blame Jackson. There are plenty of stars out there who have made mistakes or gone overboard. It happens. Some survive and learn while others just self-destruct. Jackson though has so far to fall it's grotesquely fascinating. He's become the lead attraction at his own publicity-induced freak show.

I hope, for his sake and those he consorts with, that he gets it together.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
particularly for someone who can afford to have dedicated guest rooms
He said in the first interview that only every once in a while do kids sleep in his bed, and that if there's a bunch over they sleep in guest rooms.

I agree that he only has himself to blame, but there were many forces acting against him that he fell under, such as his mental problems from his childhood, his skin condition, and bad publicity from the past (regardless of how true it is/was).

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
There are plenty of stars out there who have made mistakes or gone overboard. It happens. Some survive and learn while others just self-destruct. Jackson though has so far to fall it's grotesquely fascinating.
Just like the other stars you mention, the book on Jackson's life is not complete. Given everything that he has gone through over the years, I, personally, would classify MJ as a survivor. I know very few people who could have endured what he has gone through, and continues to go through. I was particularly pleasantly surprised that despite everything that he has gone through, he can still make fun of himself as he did w/ the brief cameo that he had in "Men In Black II". With everything that MJ has gone through, and the way he has kept it together, I feel that MJ is a survivor.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
For all Jacko's defenders did you see the interview with the prosecutor from the case? I think if you did you would think that Michael probably belongs in jail. I know the public will never know for sure what is going on but the evidence seems pretty damning.

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
>>> Everyone automatically assumes that since he paid out millions of dollars, it must be true. I would not be surprised that once the alleged victim becomes a mature adult that he admits that alot of his response was "coached" from his "gold digging", opportunistic parents who seized a perfect opportunity to make the great "cash-in" of a lifetime. It is obvious from some of the posts here that some of you probably have always, and will always hate MJ no matter what, but where's the evidence that he molested the child?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I heard from someone that they read/heard/were made aware of that Jackson returned all of the stuff he bought in that store in the first interview that ABC had. Maybe more evidence that he's losing his fortune?

RobertW

Supporting Actor
....a physical description of a certain portion of Mr. Jackson's anatomy which was (uh!) rather damning, shall we say...
yes, the police made michael jackson strip and photographed his anatomy for evidence. and according to the police, the child's description of said anatomy was very accurate. now how does a 13 year old boy know the physical characteristics of michael jackson's pubic area unless he had seen it before?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Because Michaael Jackson had said in interviews before that his skin was spotted. If it was spotted elsewhere, the spots on the weasel could just be a lucky guess.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
and according to the police, the child's description of said anatomy was very accurate.
Just not accurate enough to build a case on. The truth is that the child's description was vague and unreliable. Everyone thought that naked MJ photos would be the smoking gun, but the police found the 13 yr. old's description not worth pursuing - just what one would expect from a lie that was being coached by his parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks