What's new

Michael J. Fox on Letterman (4/3/02) (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
You know what would be nice?
I havn't gotten the Mind Meld DVD, but it's on my too buy list. But, why not just have a sit down interview with Michael J.Fox, Christopher Loyd, and their two co-stars Lea Thompson and the actor who played Biff(Who's name currently escapes me), jut talking? Talking about all the weird, goofy stuff that must have happend while finishing the movie, maby even have the talks set in location shots used in the film. A Guy like Michael J Fox is full of stories, who should be a guest for more than one night :).
It's probably too late to add it, but one can hope

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny B
No mention of the BTTF dvd's. He did make mention of the British premiere where he sat next to Princess Diana, but then needed to go to the bathroom almost immediately after the film started but didn't for fear of offending anyone! He was mostly there to talk about his memoir called 'Lucky Man'. I haven't seen him since he left 'Spin City' so it was quite disconcerting to see how the Parkinson's symptoms have progressed since then.

Johnny B.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I don't know what Neil is thinking either. However it was painful to watch Michael J. Fox on Letterman last night.

The only thing I am thinking is that they should get him to do a commentary track before the Parkinson's gets too far along.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Since this thread is focusing more on Fox's appearance on Letterman, I'm moving this thread to TV and HDTV Programming.
M.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
It really breaks my heart to see Fox these days... I've given money to the Parkinsons research foundation he's set up, but I just can't bring myself to see him on TV anymore. Hypocritical, probably, but it just makes me sad. :frowning:
/Mike

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>What about Crispin Glover?! >>
I would have thought Lea Thompson had a bigger role than he did in the latter two films, but your right, maby it should be a top five :)..

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>What happened when Fox was on Letterman? >>
He mostly talked about his new book, and how he first noticed signs of his disease. He also told a BTTF story that I hadn't heard before, where he attended the British premier with Princess Diana and had to go to the bathroom the entire time :).
And to one of the original posters, this is why I put BTTF DVD in the title. This would be a nice feature to have on the DVD, although it's probably too late do to right now. Just get the top five actors together from the movie, and have them just talk for an hour or so, releiving memories from the movies. Perhaps having the talks set on location shots to help them remember a bit better something that happened almost 20 years ago :).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>Since this thread is focusing more on Fox's appearance on Letterman, I'm moving this thread to TV and HDTV Programming. >>

Whoops, sorry about that. Wasn't really sure wich forum it should go under.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I wish that Universal would (a la Artisan for Schwarzenegger's Total Recall, though that was not for charity) donate $100,000 to Fox's Parkinson Research foundation for Fox to sit in with Zemeckis and Gale and record an audio commentary for BTTF.

Now wouldn't that be great? A great advertising point for Universal as well. If they paid Schwarzenegger $75,000, why not pay Fox $100,000 for his charity.

Anyone from Universal listening by chance? I'm sure Fox would be happy to do this, and the box set will arguably sell more than $100,000 worth more if it had Fox's commentary. (i.e. I would pre-order it as soon as possible instead of buy it in the store on day 1)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
neil that would be good if it was possible. i saw mr fox on rosie thur morn and he was extremely articulate but his sqirming around was very sad to see. :frowning:

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I saw him on Oprah yesterday with the interview lasting around 30 minutes. It was uncomfortable for me to see him in that condition, much worse than the last time I had seen him.

~T

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As much as hate to say it, MJF getting Parkinson's has been a really good thing for a huge number of people. He's been out there and public with it, brought it in the public eye, and really been a great spokesperson for the cause. There's been a flood of new research and funding for a cure since he got it.
Still, I'll admit it was a bit unnerving when he was doing that thing with Muhammad Ali... it's like seeing where he'll be in years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks