What's new

Michael Bay quits Samsung's Press Conference (Video) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

A little difficult to watch. Feel quite sorry for Michael Bay, but it's odd that Samsung would bring up a celebrity endorser who knows nothing about their product.​

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I don't get it. He seems to know nothing about whatever he was trying to say about his OWN product.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Charles Smith said:
I don't get it. He seems to know nothing about whatever he was trying to say about his OWN product.
Looks like what happened when Samsung hired "The director of Armageddon and Transformers!" to plug their home-theater system, and not....y'know....Michael Bay.
We've known the truth for years, now let's help the studios to find out.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
The teleprompter failed in front of a huge live audience. He's not a politician, or even an actor, he's a director. Most who have anything negative to say about his handling of the situation would themselves be pissing their pants in fear if put in the same situation. Ironic, aint it?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The teleprompter failed in front of a huge live audience. He's not a politician, or even an actor, he's a director. Most who have anything negative to say about his handling of the situation would themselves be pissing their pants in fear if put in the same situation. Ironic, aint it?
Me personally? No. Not if I took the time to overview the material, know the product and perhaps
even do a simple run-through before the presentation.

Most of us, thus far, aren't making fun of Michael Bay for what happened. However, as I stated, I
do think it is very odd that he would agree to walk out there cold without being better prepared --
teleprompter or not.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
It's just PR and this time the PR failed. If you look at the extras and making of featurettes feat. Bay, you probably know that the guy is professional, smart and hardworking (not saying that I like all his films, though). So yes, he wasn't prepared.Do some of you really care? All these presentations are just smoke and mirrors anyway. Hell, at least Bay made it interesting.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I kept thinking at first that it was a bit and then as he was walking off the stage that Optimus Prime would some how come back on to banter with him about the new curved tv's from Samsung... I happened to be watching the Verge live feed for a bit as it happened and it was more than a little awkward.

Ted Van Duyn

Stunt Coordinator
I feel bad for posting this since the joke is so predictable, but I can't help but laugh when Jimmy Kimmel said it on his show.
“To be fair, Michael Bay had never actually read a script before that. So he got confused when the teleprompter didn’t turn into a robot. If Michael Bay doesn’t stare directly into a computer simulated explosion every ten seconds, he loses focus and shuts down immediately. So that’s why he should never agree to do anything ever.”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks