What's new

Miami's March To PERFECTION! (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Well Dolphin fans it is 3 down & 13 to go to a 16-0 record. Ricky is DA man! :D :star: :star: :star: :star: :cool:

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Very nice results so far for both Dolphins and Saints fans over the Williams trade. I wonder how things will shape up 3 months from now. One things for sure, my Vikings will probably be 0-16 if they keep this crap up :angry:
Michael

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
If Miami makes it to October 20 still unbeaten, circle that day as the day perfection comes to a grinding halt...If however, they are less than perfect going into 10/20/2002...i guess it will be salt in the wound.
GO BILLS!!!:D
PS It was bad enough last week for Minnesota...but cmon...
THE PANTHERS???:D

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Stephanie, I remember the 1972 season very vividly. I watched as many games as I could that amazing year. A lot of the credit for their perfect record should go to Earl Morrall who subbed for the injured Bob Griese.

Stephanie T.

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Jeff, I envy you for that. I was in nursery school during that season and have only fragmentary memories of the Dolphins' glory years.
One memory in particular stands out, though: my father, yelling at the TV--
"GAA-ROOO!! WHAT were you thinking?!?!?!?!"
I think it was the combination of the funny-sounding name and the notes of confusion and panicked alarm in my father's voice that seared that one in my memory...
As for my [Marino years] generation, my "Garo"-type memory would have to be WR Duriel Harris injuring his own ankle while coming down hard in a theatrical ball-spike after scoring a TD -- in a playoff game ['82?].
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Shula looked like he was about to bust a gasket, he was so mad...

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Well Dolphin fans it is 3 down & 13 to go to a 16-0 record.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool, Then they will be tied with my Broncos!!
Won't happen, of course, since the two teams play each other. Should be a great game.

By the way, this thread seems to be forgetting another team in the Dolphins division..that's also undefeated...and wearing Super Bowl rings...

Is it too early to say that the top 4 teams in the AFC are New England, Denver, Miami, and Oakland?

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Is it too early to say that the top 4 teams in the AFC are New England, Denver, Miami, and Oakland
I don't think it is too early. Miami has a killer schedule this year & perfection would be sweet indeed. I can't wait for the 1st New England game in a couple of weeks!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Gary_E

Second Unit
The Dolphins always start with a BANG but have had problems late in the season. If they can stay healthy, they may have a good shot at being in the mix at the end. That touchdown run Ricky Williams had against the JETS last Sunday was quite impressive.
Their schedule is not too kind, they have some cold weather games in November and December, those will be the true test. As for now, South Florida is a fun place for football.
Go Fish...Go 'Canes.

-Gary

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Indeed the end of the year will be the TEST. But right now they appear to be the real deal. Amazing how a good running game changes things for a team.;)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
And with a gigantic thud!. Well on to trying to win the Division & maybe having the best Conference record.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
You probably just picked the wrong Miami team to have a perfect season. The Hurricanes may yet make this thread's title come true.

Rob

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Well if anyone wants to serve up some crow, I'm ready to eat it. I had hopes for a great season, but to no avail. Considering the way that their season came to an end, I believe that the Dolphin management needs to take a VERY hard look at this team. There is enough individual talent on this team that a 9-7 record should not have occurred. This team just does not seem to have what it takes inside to be able to make the plays in critical situations in hostile environments to preserve a win or to come back to win. The loss to New England to end the season is a prime example. I think some personnel changes to obtain players who have this intangible fire in their belly should be made. This quote by Zach Thomas says it, "This team does not have a killer instinct,'' Miami's Zach Thomas said. "You can say all you want about how we should have won, but I'm sick and tired of hearing how good we are. We can't win a big game." I've never been & will never be a believer in Jay Fiedler as a championship caliber starting QB. He is a caretaker type. A good backup QB who is starting because his team has no one better. David Woodley was the same type of QB with Miami, in between two franchise QBs (Griese & Marino). I felt during the draft that Miami should have attempted to position themselves to draft Drew Brees. This team must find a higher caliber QB if they wish to have a chance to go all the way. Otherwise the talents of Ricky Williams & some of the defensive players will go to waste. This team also committed far too many penalties this year. That was never a problem during the Shula years. I hope this loss really burns in the guts of this team during the off season. Then maybe their fans will see a team next year with a real fire in the belly attitude & desire to succeed. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Cool, Then they will be tied with my Broncos!!
I made this statement in this thread on Sept. 23...I can't believe I was actually right!! My Broncos are also 9-7! We get to stay home this year during the playoffs....and the Superbowl...Yea we will be WATCHING!!!

Jeff,
I feel your pain. Any chance you guys can take Brian "Nobody Likes Me" Greise off our hands? You could probably get him cheap! Oh well, there's always next year!
BTW, Pass the Salt and Pepper...This crow tastes like shit!!!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Brian "Nobody Likes Me" Griese is not in the same league with his father. I doubt he would perform too much better than Fiedler.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks