What's new

MGM/Warner October Horror; Midnite Movies, Val Lewton, Demon Seed and more (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
That's WAR->GODS< OF THE DEEP, not WAR-LORDS...

What REALLY should have been the co-feature on this disc with AT THE EARTH'S CORE is its sister film, WARLORDS OF ATLANTIS, also starring Doug McClure and also directed by Kevin Connor. It's never seen a video release anywhere that I know of. But perhaps Sony doesn't own the rights to this...

Charles H

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if THE GHOST SHIP is to be included in the VAL LEWTON COLLECTION, as it was in the LD? If Warners were really completists, they would include PLEASE BELIEVE ME (1950), MADEMOISELLE FIFI, and YOUTH RUNS WILD.

ChrisPearson

Second Unit

Fangoria listed the titles as follows in May:

CAT PEOPLE, THE CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE, I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE, THE LEOPARD MAN, THE SEVENTH VICTIM, THE GHOST SHIP, ISLE OF THE DEAD, THE BODY SNATCHER and BEDLAM

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Full details of the Val Lewton Collection, coming October, at DVD Times here. Check out that box art.

Across 5 discs you will find 9 films, they are: The Cat People, Curse of the Cat People, I Walked With a Zombie, Body Snatcher, Isle of the Dead, Bedlam, The Leopard Man, Ghost Ship and The Seventh Victim.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Thanks John!

This & the the Controversial Classics will probably be my favorite boxset releases of this year.

I can't wait!

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's not all..there's a feast for horror fans from Warners this October. From DVD Times here:

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of several horror titles from their back catalogue on 4th October 2005. Priced at $19.97 SRP each are...

Dracula A.D. 1972
Dracula is raised into the modern era in this Hammer Studios shocker in which Christopher Lee dons the cape for the sixth time and seeks out fresh victims. As arch nemesis Van Helsing, fellow horror legend Peter Cushing clutches a vial of holy water and edges within throwing distance. Their harrowing battle royale is not to be missed. In fact, it's the living end.

Demon Seed
Julie Christie plays Susan in this taut techno-thriller based on the Dean Koontz novel. Packed with suspense, surprise and special effects, Demon Seed follows Susan's desperate attempts to outmanoeuvre and outthink her captor. Then Susan learns what Proteus wants: its own child, conceived in her womb and destined for domination.

Night of the Lepus
A hormone intended to alter the breeding cycle of rabbits overrunning ranch lands instead turns them into flesh-eating, 150-pound monsters in Night of the Lepus. Stuart Whitman, Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun and DeForest Kelley are among the intrepid humans facing the behemoth bunnies. They use guns, flames and dynamite to subtract them. But the rampaging rabbits know how to multiply. Can anything stop these hare-y scary monsters?

Private Parts (1972)
Check out who's checked in at the musty old King Edward Hotel in a seedy section of L.A.: Cheryl, a runaway teen who hopes to piece her life together. Little does she know that someone at the hotel has a nasty little penchant for chopping people into pieces. Welcome, happy campers, to one of the screen's most bizarre works of camp filmmaking.

A Stranger Is Watching
They don't see him, but he's there. A stranger is watching, plotting, planning, and anticipating every move they make. Then he strikes. He imprisons a little girl and a famous reporter in the dank maze of tunnels beneath New York's Grand Central Station. The kidnapper is a remorseless psychopath who wants to collect a ransom, then murder his captives. His victims' only hope is their own wits - and the aid of the dazed and desperate homeless people who roam this urban netherworld. Kate Mulgrew is heartrendingly believable as the reporter and Rip Torn gives a harrowing performance as the kidnapper in this nightmarish shocker based on the Mary Higgins Clark suspense novel and directed by Sean S. Cunningham (Friday the 13th).

All titles are presented in anamorphic widescreen with English audio and optional English, French and Spanish subtitles. Theatrical Trailers are included on all but Private Parts.

Love the Dracula A.D. 1972 art...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

Whoo HOO!

NOTL is totally unexpected.

first a great Batman movie today, and now this.
way to go Warners!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The Lewton set looks awesome!! I've onlyh ever seen Cat People, but I will definately pick up ithe whole set!!

Also looking forward to Dracula AD!

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Apparently so; they obviously wouldn't have much faith in calling it THE BORIS KARLOFF COLLECTION VOL. 1 !

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Nice to have an official announcement & date on the Val Lewton Collection :emoji_thumbsup:

OMG -I'm going to be in Horror Heaven come this fall with the Lewton set, the Universal Hammer set, the Karloff/Lugosi set, The Innocents & The Fly SE. :D

Now bring on that uber King Kong set Warner. ;)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Val Lewton set looks every bit as good as I hoped it would be.

Wonderful to see that Warners got Simone Simon to contribute to the commentaries of the Cat People movies. It's a shame she didn't live to see the release though.

I'm also happy that Warners is bundling 2 titles on 1 DVD where it makes sense while still maintaining the excellent cover art. My sagging DVD shelves appreciate the space saving measure.

Thanks to the wonderful staff at Warners for making this happen.

Steve

FrancisP

Screenwriter
The Val Lewton set is nice but other than that its a dry
hole. It is getting so frustrating. I just don't understand Warner. If Night of The Lepus can make it to DVD then I
don't see why the Dark Shadows movies can't make it. There has to be a rights, royalty, or some other behind the scenes issue keeping these films off dvd that Warner ain't telling us about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks