MGM Press Release: Robocop Trilogy (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

WATCH THE ULTIMATE CRIME-FIGHTING MACHINE LAY DOWN THE LAW LIKE NEVER BEFORE

The Complete Collection Bursts onto Blu-ray
    for the First Time October 5th

[​IMG]

Los Angeles (August 27, 2010) – The cyborg super-cop Robocop defends citizens of Old Detroit with three times as much action when the ROBOCOP TRILOGY arrives as a Blu-ray collector’s set October 5. Just in time for the holiday season, this three disc set from MGM Home Entertainment contains the original ROBOCOP on Blu-ray, as well as ROBOCOP 2 andROBOCOP 3 on Blu-ray for the first time.

Packed full of memorable moments and Robocop quotes, the ROBOCOP TRILOGY is a fan must-have. Viewers can experience their favorite “human” robot in all three classic films, now on Blu-ray. Directors Paul Verhoeven (Totall Recall, Basic Instinct) of ROBOCOP and ROBOCOP 2 and Fred Dekker (Monster Squad Forever, Nighs of the Creeps) of ROBOCOP 3bring the half robot, half police officer to life with the help of an intensely talented cast, including Peter Weller (The Order; 24), Robert Burke (Good Night, and Good Luck; Tombstone), Kurtwood Smith (Rambo III; That 70’s Show) and Nancy Allen (Law and Order, Carrie).

In ROBOCOP (1987), a terminally wounded cop in crime-ridden Detroit returns to the force as a powerful cyborg with submerged memories haunting him. ROBOCOP 2 (1990) features a corrupt businesswoman seeking to disable Robocop in favor of her own model of cyborg. In ROBOCOP 3 (1993) Robocop saves the day once more. This time the half man/half robot takes on ruthless developers who want to evict some people on "their" land.

The ROBOCOP TRILOGY collector’s edition on Blu-ray will be available for the suggested retail price of $59.99 US/$69.99 Canada. Prebook is September 8.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.
    Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc., through its operating subsidiaries, is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, interactive media, music and licensed merchandise. The company owns the world's largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., Ventanazul, MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Domestic Networks LLC, MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC, MGM ON STAGE, MGM Music, MGM Worldwide Digital Media, MGM Consumer Products and MGM Interactive. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in international TV channels reaching nearly 120 countries. MGM ownership is as follows: Providence Equity Partners (29%), TPG (21%), Sony Corporation of America (20%), Comcast (20%), DLJ Merchant Banking Partners (7%) and Quadrangle Group (3%). For more information, visit www.mgm.com.

# # #

ROBOCOP TRILOGY: (Catalog # M122510 U.S. / M122511 Canada)

Street Date:

October 5, 2010

Prebook Date:

September 8, 2010

Screen Format:

Widescreen

Audio:

English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio
    French 5.1 Dolby Digital
    Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

Subtitles:

English, French and Spanish

U.S. Rating:

R

Total Run Time:

103 minutes

Closed Closed

Yes

2. Fritz Nilsen

Fritz Nilsen Second Unit

Fritz Nilsen

What, no one over at the PR department hear about Irvin Kershner "of Robocop 2"? He also directed an obscure Sci-Fi film called The Empire Strikes Back, if I recall :) And since when is "Total" spelled with two l's?

Anyway, glad to see the sequels hit BD.

3. Fritz Nilsen

Fritz Nilsen Second Unit

Fritz Nilsen

4. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Cinematographer
    Supporter

Luis
    I can't help but wonder if there were any kind of cut scenes or missing footage from the sequels and if we're ever gonna see 'em. I enjoyed Robocop 2 quite a bit and liked the third one enough to re-buy this yet again but, in a perfect world, they would come in Ultimate Editions with director and cast involvement and definitive Director's Cuts (if applicable) of all three films. I guess we can't really ask for much from MGM given their financial problems but, boy, is this a missed opportunity. Anyone with me?

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Is the first film's disc going to be the same famously poor-quality version that was previously released?

6. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
  7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Wow, I stopped paying attention after reading the original reviews. Doesn't sound like the version that came out was any great shakes either.

8. Will*B

Will*B Supporting Actor

Will

The ridiculous thing is that the unreleased original BD had most of the extras of the DVD SE, but the new BD released a year later had none!

I was really hoping that MGM would at least port the extras over for this Trilogy set (and maybe throw in a couple of trailers for 2 & 3), but it looks like we're stuck with the same old dated release. No sale.

9. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    It's difficult to make out on the back cover scan at DVD Empire (use the Zoom feature on your browser, but it just gets blurry), but it looks like the first movie is on a 25GB disc whereas the sequels are on 50GB discs. That might be a clue that it's still the original release just included in this set.

http://cdn3a.dvdempire.org/products/56/1544456bh.jpg