What's new

Mgm - New Sayonara (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
A few months ago, mgm deleted the 1957 Marlon Brando film Sayonara. This past week it shows up as a listing for upcoming release from mgm. Why a new one. its listed asw dolby digital mono. must be a mistake because it was dolby 2.0 stereo. Anyone know whats going on here?

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Joe, what's the source for your info? According to MGM's info, the DVD has never gone out of print and the currently--and readily--available version has the same specs it always has at the same MSRP.

MGM did a February "repromote" on its Oscar winners (since this is Oscar season), so maybe that explains the retail activity. Oddly, Sayonara wasn't specifically on that repromote list.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
I thought MGM had pulled it off the market a few months ago, too, and was also wondering if it would ever be re-released, with hopefully better PQ (anamorphic, too) than what was reported in another thread on the old DVD. If this has been redone and remastered, I'm all over it.

steve blake

Stunt Coordinator
well sayonara is up for release in may in the uk,and a couple of sites have it down as anamorphic widescreen,i was going to order this just last week in region 1 because it hadnt been released over here yet,but i will now wait till may.if it does turn out to be anamorphic maybe a re-release in region1 sometime?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks