What's new

MGM/Fox May War/Western/Comedy titles (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, it did happen and it will probably happen again. If you're so upset about it then write the studio with your complaint.

Crawdaddy

DanMel

Second Unit
I guess it really comes down to one's priorities. For example Warner Brothers got everything right on the box cover for The Naked Spur another Anthony Mann title with original artwork and all the dates and stuff were correct. However, it is a blurred up mess trying to watch it on a large screen HD TV or even a smaller tube TV. MGM for Man of the West didn't use original artwork and got a date wrong yet the picture quality of the movie is a hundred times better as is the story and acting (Cooper over Stewart) in my view. Yet that last part is a topic for another thread at another time.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
Oh, boy! If you think "Man of the West" is better
than "The Naked Spur" we really don't need to
continue this.

Forgive me for thinking somebody in quality control
should've caught the date error. Since, most of
you bitch about every little thing, I thought I'd
join the chorus, but I guess I can't.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Most don't bitch about every little thing, it's a perception brought on by posts like your earlier one. Furthermore, you can still write MGM/Fox for screwing up that film information.

Crawdaddy

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Well, I had zero interest in any of these release 2 weeks ago. Then I started reading reviews of the 3 disc collection. At the price it sounded like a great deal. Planned to order it in the next DD sale- but the I found out this weekend that DD was already having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on Fox/MGM titles, and that works out to even cheaper than the 20% off sale prices. Next thing I know, I'm ordering 7 westerns (along with too much else). Not a huge fan of either Peck or Cooper, but I look forward to giving these a look see anyway. Funny that the only one that exites me the most on paper is supposed to be the worst of the bunch...but I love the cast and the screenshots on the Beaver look very nice (talking about The Way West). Can't help but give that one a shot too.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I just received a bunch of these from Deep Discount, and as I was removing the shrink wrap and security tape, I noticed that Man with the Gun is listed as 1.33:1 despite being filmed in 1955. I suppose it could've been filmed in '53 or earlier and not released till '55, but the screen shots from DVD Beaver show a lot of room over people's heads, so I'm guessing it should be matted widescreen. Fox is usually pretty good about OAR, so this is disappointing.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Actually, Fox isn't the blame as they are only the distributor while MGM is the rights owner of the film elements.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks