What's new

METROID PRIME Commercial... Ooohhh my GOD!!!! (1 Viewer)

Willy burz

Stunt Coordinator
Link Removed
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
56k Users Link Removed
Wow, I can't wait for this game. This and 1080 Avalanche! :D

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
How much of that is actual gameplay footage though? Doesn't look like much of it really... All the 3rd person stuff looks like FMV (or even live action stuff). If it's FMV-it's a nice FMV, but I'd still like to see more actual gameplay action in the commercials.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I believe the live action scenes were filmed specifically for the commercial. Still, it does give chills.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I saw the commercial the other day on IGN. I think they did a terrific job with the production value of the game. Honestly... I haven't seen much of the in game action, short of the Parasite Queen stuff. Maybe there are some good surprises in store for us. :)
Glen

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I played the newest demo in stores today. AHHHHH....Metroid goodness. It is so damn good, except I wish I could control it dual analog. It is only single analog, ala goldeneye. There is no strafing, which is my only complaint.

VinT

Agent
Anyone know what movies will be showing this commerical in the previews? It must look awsome in a theater. Heck they should make a Metroid movie. That would be unbelievable. Very little dialoge though. :D

paul_v

Second Unit
Wow looks really good. Only problem is that it should have had a female voice as Samus narrating it.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Funcoland, Best Buy. Those are the two places I saw and played it. The menu to the disc looks like every other nintendo demo, but look closely and metroid should be playable.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
whoa....

I haven't played Metroid since the NES but that demo is so impressive that I just might be adding a Gamecube to my system.

paul_v

Second Unit
I just surfed to the official site Link Removed and it has a video on the main page showing more gameplay. Pretty sweet! I cant wait!

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Nintendo NEVER gets it right.
When they show commercials with lots of gameplay (smash bros melee) people cry about how bad nintendo does commercials. Now when they do a commercial like squaresoft/sony does (ie sometimes no gameplay at all, just FMV) - people still cry.
HARHAHARH!!!
:star:

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Judging by how successful Nintendo continues to be as a company, and how badly Sega has done in the past and continues to struggle in the present, I think Sega is the one who should be taking lessons from Nintendo. :D
Back on topic. The MP commercial is amazing. One of the best all-time (next to Mario Bros. 3 & Smash Bros. N64). It does its job in setting the mood of the game and shows just enough gameplay footage to leave you wanting more.
As for the controls...you can strafe in the game. Once you lock onto an enemy you can strafe around them using the analog stick.

Willy burz

Stunt Coordinator
That's the main commercial comming out, if you want more gameplay footage there is some on tendos website and others on the net!

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
As for the controls...you can strafe in the game. Once you lock onto an enemy you can strafe around them using the analog stick.
You can also strafe if you hold down the L button. You just can't turn and strafe at the same time unless you're locked on to an enemy. This may be the one thing that messes up a lot of veterans of FPS games. I know it took me some time to get used to it when I played it at the Cube Club last week.
Oh, and you have no idea how good this game is going to look until you see it in person, running on an HDTV. This is going to be one of the most graphically impressive games of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks