What's new

Metal Boxes! Matrix, Alien, LOTR! (1 Viewer)

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Check these out : Link Removed
These Collector's Cases are made of either gold or silver anodized aluminum and brushed gold or silver ABS. Laser engraved in black over the brushed metal finish or finished in full color using the latest digital laser color imaging system. Cool!! They are about 25-30 dollars..
Might get The Matrix Trilogy one!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I own his licensed Neon Genesis Evangelion box... it's REALLY nice :) The only small quibble is that the bottom of the box gets some shelf scratches over time, but this isn't that big of a deal.

I highly recommend Paul (and Son Ryu's) work. Email Paul for a full list of titles and prices and keep in mind that there is a waiting list (something like a month).

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
I also own his Neon Genesis Evangelion case, and I think that it's fantastic.

I've given his Kurosawa and John Woo cases as gifts, and those cases were also very good.

Highly recommended.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Sebastian also designed a beautiful "Lord of the Rings" case that is available for either 3 standard DVDs (for the 2-disc sets) or sized to hold the 3 collector's "book" editions.
That's pretty cool of them to do both the 2- and 4-disc sets. It'll be kinda funny to have the EE box sets within another box. The design over on Sebastian's page looks pretty nice. The gold and the blue work really well together.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Isn't there a huge risk a studio will shut him down over copyright issues? I'll definitely be using this guy for Christmas gifts.

It already looks like Bandai forced him to quit selling the Cowboy Bebop case. Maybe we should have kept this a secret, as too many studio reps visit this forum.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Nick: Actually, it seems to be helping him more than hurting him. Kevin Smith saw his Jersey Trilogy box, and now he's selling it direct. Besides, he's not selling the movies, just containers for them. Considering that out of all his boxes, only one has been singled out, I'd say he's safe.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
His cases aren't available directly off the site (there is no "store" per se). All orders (barring licensed cases like the Jersey Trilogy and ADV cases) are custom-made... so it's the same as say... getting Calvin and Hobbs tattooed on your ass. The tattoo artist doesn't pay royalties, does he? :)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Another kudos to Paul.

I have a few of his cases and will be getting some of the new ones as wel (Jaws, LOTR).

When I first got some cases from Paul and I exchanged emails numerous times about a number of things and as I recall there were many projects in the works but they could not be "released" yet because he was waiting on "permission".

So therefore I think Paul goes to some effort to get approval for these boxes. I could be wrong but I thought that's what he meant. Who knows.

Anyway I really like the boxes and the craftsmanship is quite good!

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks