What's new

Memphis Beat - season 2 - TNT (1 Viewer)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Well, this one got picked up for season 2, looks like another 10 episode season.

Apparently it started airing last night, with a repeat airing coming Friday. It's not clear if it was a single episode that aired, or two episodes (IMDB suggests that it was a 2-episode premiere).

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Yah, I'm looking forward to seeing it on Friday, as I missed the season opener. I didn't even see any advertising for it until a friend asked me via txt msg what I thought of it.

I really enjoyed the first season, and to be honest, I'm a bit surprised that there's not a hint of a DVD or Blu-ray anywhere as yet.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Turns out a friend had PVR'd it, so watched it over lunch today.

I really like the way that the music is used, but occasionally it comes through a bit loud. The IA girl was quite good, and her byplay with Hendricks showed a lot of chemistry. I kinda hope that we get to see her some more this season.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
It is surprising to see that season 1 has not been released on DVD, which would have been the best way to get the word out on the show.

Just saw the premiere of this season, and definitely glad to see it back, even though I knew the cousin would have something to do with the murder, as soon as he was introduced to Dwight.

The show has definitely grown on me towards the end of season 1, and now, I just really look forward to watching it every week.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I really liked last week's episode. A lot of red herrings being thrown about, and it wasn't the name in the credits that I recognized that dunnit. I'm really liking the changes they've introduced in Whitehead this season. They've been a real growth for the character (who languished a bit in the shadow of Jason Lee's character last season), and they've tied into further development of DJ Qualls' character, who is no longer so much of a one-note beast.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Well, the show has been officially cancelled!

A damn shame, because I really enjoyed this show a lot, and gotten used to seeing Jason Lee as a detective. With this show gone, not much left on TNT.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Too bad about the cancellation, but not a huge surprise. Just a bit disappointed at the lack of DVDs of the show, if only for the music! :)

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Originally Posted by AlexF /t/312271/memphis-beat-season-2-tnt#post_3860930

I liked the show and will miss it. As for the music, I read that wan't actualy Jason Lee singing. It really sounded like him. Is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks