What's new

"Memoirs of an Invisible Man" DVD becomes visible – August 19th (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
This was on sattelite today. Forgot how much I loved this film, and all the obvious pans and scans on the MAR broadcast. Almost every scene had a noticable pan and scan in it. I have never seen this film in OAR except in theaters 10 years ago. This film must have beautiful framing coming from Carpenter.

Josh L

Stunt Coordinator
Memoirs is a great movie!
I have been waiting for a DVD release of this title for the past 4 years :frowning:
Warner must release it...soon!
"Yeah I heard all about your complete physical work-up, I just assume not have my balls floating around in a petri dish!"

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Signed. I would recommend people track down a copy of the original novel as well. Amazingly detailed and a fun read. The movie, while a fun little thing on it's own, pales in comparison.

-paul

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Me again, there's still time to get WB to release this underappreciated flick on DVD in 2003. By all means sign the petition but please also take the time to write Warner a letter. Their address;

Warner Home Video
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hey guys, click on the "Invisible Man" link in my signature, I now have a banner for the campaign that you can add to your web sites.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Yeah, I read that thread, and if true, I'm one happy camper – as long as it's widescreen of course. However, it appears that Carpenter is not involved i.e. no commentary.

I say that because I have been exchanging e-mails with his assistant the last few weeks in the hopes I'd get his official blessing for my DVD campaign (which he turned down because he'd feel like it was self-promotion.) That indicated to me that he wasn't even aware of a pending DVD release. However, I'll be e-mailing his assistant again with this news.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Congrats, Michael!
:)
I always felt this film was underrated.
Mark

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Once again, I'll say that I hope this disc includes the extremely entertaining HBO First Look on the film. Glad it's finally coming out though.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Carpenter's thoughts on his films are always interesting and entertaining, so a comm for this film is a no-brainer, really. Warner bothered to get Savage Steve, Bobcat and Armstrong to record a comm for ONE CRAZY SUMMER (which wasn't announced in the press release) and Carpenter is always willing to participate with the DVD editions of his films, so I would imagine that Warner has at least considered asking him.
I believe that Carpenter had a tough time making Memoirs, so maybe the scars haven't healed yet. Who knows.
It's fairly good film, but might have been better if it was zanier - it seems bogged down in seriouness too often. But I'd definately pick it up if it had a JC commentary and impressive transfer.
Gordy

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
I'd go with that. I'm pretty certain that in William Goldmans book 'Which Lie Did I Tell' he details the making of Memoirs and it's troubled history... would make a great audio comm from him, Carpenter and Chevy Chase!

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
While I enjoyed this flick, I *do* wish it was actually closer to the original novel. The book was considerably darker and less humourous.
... that being said, I'll still be pickin' this one up! :D

Eric F

Screenwriter
I don't even recall posting that message last year.

At any rate, yes, the book was very dark, which surprised me- it was almost a horror/mystery, and the movie was sort of a comedy/action film?

I decidedly remember from the book how terrible it was for the protagonist when he found out he was invisible- how he had to wait for his food to entirely digest before he went out- that would have been a fascinating element to the film.
All the negatives about being invisible far outweighed the positives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks