What's new

Melrose Place (1 Viewer)

sky-fits-heaven

Auditioning
Real Name
Ralf Doebele
I love the new show, it's awesome but unforunately doesn't do very well in the ratings.
But it offered some very cool closure and new opportunities for classic characters who weren't treated very well towards the end of the original series. Amanda's way better off now than she was at the end of the original for example. And I love the new characters and storylines as well. It's a shame, maybe the most underrated new series of the season.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am glad you like the show. However, i do not plan to watch the new Melrose Place. I like the old Melrose Place, especially the 1-4 years. The old melrose place starting to take a dive after the 5th season. I liked Alison/Jake/Sydney characters. I thought 6th/7th season introduce too many new characters. In the end there was only one character that was on every episode of Melrose Place.

I think Melrose Place in 1990s was good for young people from the age of 22-40. Now that generation is in there 40-60. I am just glad they do not plan to remake shows like Falconcrest/Dallas/Hotel. These shows were ok for the time period, but, would have difficulties with today's audience. There would know way JR Ewing would get away with things like he did in 1970s and 1980s, especially around bribes, dummy corporation, set ups, etc. The close thing we had to real life dallas was Enron.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
We should be hearing something shortly on what is going to happen with the remaining season (6 &7). I have the first five season on dvd. I actually prefer the 1-4 season as the best. Season 6 & 7 added to many new characters and when Alison, Sydney and Jake's character left that did it for me.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I hope we hear something; and it better be good news! I think we've come too far not to go all the way. And I hope the current show gets a release after this season airs.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have 1-5 seasons of Melrose Place. It has been almost six months since the S5, V2 came out. I am wondering if the remaining season will be coming out, especially now that Beverly Hills 90210 is just about completed.

I am ok, if the 6 & 7 are not released, because the show was starting to go down hill, especially after Jake and Sydney left the show. The show try to introduced too many new characters and sub-plots.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have S1-S5 on dvd and would love to see the remaining seasons. I did not like how S6-S7 went on due to how many new cast members were brought in. I would still purchased this show if the remaining seasons were to be released.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It has been about a year since the S5, V2 came out. I would love to see the last two season released. S6 and S7 had major casting change. I prefer the S1-S5 as best part of the series.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by younger1968
Wikipedia is showing S6 for Melrose place available on November 27, 2010.
Um, it would be nice, but how is it that they know something we don't?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I watch S5 season-ending episode and it makes me want to have S6/S7. I realize tht S6/S7 is about when the show started going down hill with elimination of characters such as Jake, Allison and Billy and then introduction of Brett Cooper, Lexi, Eva, etc. I still like to have the series on dvd. I think i like this show, because the timing of show was when i entered the workforce and was exposed officie politics, back stabbing, etc. The characters were supposed to be people between 24-35 and that was my age range at the time of the show.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am still waiting to hear what is going to happen with S6 and S7 for Melrose Place. I have S1-S5 on DVD and would love to complete my collection. S6 is also the time when old characters left and new characters were added like Lexy, cooper. S7 and the final season saw the adding of Eve Cleary.

Melrose Place was better earlier on and i am glad that i have S1-S5. I also like Allison's character along with Brooke Langton's character. I related to this show, because i understood their struggles, because i went through similar struggles when i enter the workforce.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Melrose-Place-Season-6-Volume-1/15050

Sheeesh! Finally! Now at this rate, do I assume that it's one and one-half years between releases, meaning that we should see the end of Melrose sometime around December of 2015? Or do you think that Paramount will somehow speed up their molasses-like offerings and get the rest of the show done in a year or so?

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
You would think they could have taken less than a whopping 18 months for a lousy 13-episode set, wouldn't you? At this rate, it'll take ten years for the complete series to be out. Season 1 was released back in November 2006. Also, why on Earth did they edit Jamie Luner (Lexi) out of that cast picture? She enters the show in the season's fourth episode, and I clearly remember her being in pictures from this shoot, standing in the top left right next to Jack Wagner (Peter) and behind Brooke Langton (Samantha). It's all the more surprising that she was actually one of the only "second generation" characters (along with Kyle and Megan) that were kept around until the end. At least the show has not been permanently abandoned, so I'll stop complaining for now and wait until the price becomes reasonable for a 3-disc 13-episode set to add it to my collection.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by whisperintherain
You would think they could have taken less than a whopping 18 months for a lousy 13-episode set, wouldn't you? At this rate, it'll take ten years for the complete series to be out. Season 1 was released back in November 2006. Also, why on Earth did they edit Jamie Luner (Lexi) out of that cast picture? She enters the show in the season's fourth episode, and I clearly remember her being in pictures from this shoot, standing in the top left right next to Jack Wagner (Peter) and behind Brooke Langton (Samantha). It's all the more surprising that she was actually one of the only "second generation" characters (along with Kyle and Megan) that were kept around until the end. At least the show has not been permanently abandoned, so I'll stop complaining for now and wait until the price becomes reasonable for a 3-disc 13-episode set to add it to my collection.
I agree with your sentiments. I am a big fan of Melrose Place, but not with the volume releases. It appears this is the only way shows are going to be released. It is sad that TV is showing shows like Jersey Shore, New Hawaii Five-O, etc.

After S5 in my opinion Melrose Place dropped off, especially with addition of new cast members and leaving of Courtney Thorne-Smith, Laura Leighton and Grant Show. S6 will see the end of Billy's character or Andrew Shue. I am glad to see it is coming out, but at this rate it will take another 5 years for this to be completed. I will be pushing 50 by that time.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Seeing how Paramount has resumed releasing Melrose Place, two years later, perhaps we'll see more Love Boat, in 2011. The last DVD release of that show was,also, in 2009. I feel bad for the fans who have been buying the previous four seasons,in full season sets,but now have to buy season five in volumes. At least your getting more Melrose Place,though.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Stephen Wight
Seeing how Paramount has resumed releasing Melrose Place, two years later, perhaps we'll see more Love Boat, in 2011. The last DVD release of that show was,also, in 2009. I feel bad for the fans who have been buying the previous four seasons,in full season sets,but now have to buy season five in volumes. At least your getting more Melrose Place,though.
I would love to see more Love Boat, and Fantasy Island as well (although I'm not sure if that's still Sony). And I don't mind the half-seasons as much as I mind the endless waits between volumes!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have pre-order S6-V1 of Melrose Place as i have purchased the previous sets. It is about S6 when a new cast was introduced and the story line changed a bit as part of the character development. I still plan to buy the remaining sets when they do come out. Melrose Place along with Seinfeld/spin city, etc were my fav 90s shows.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There is still S7 (V1 and V2) to be released for Melrose Place. It has been close to a year May/July 2011. It would be interesting to know what is happening with the last season. I will admit that Melrose Place was better earlier on as compare to later season when the cast was completed changed. I do remember watching the last episode on tv in 1999 and it has been over 12+ years since i have seen the last episode. I like to see this series completed in 2012!!!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
CBS just announced 3 titles this past week; maybe they're gearing up for one last go at Melrose. I sure hope so--I can't stand these series that are stalled at just one or two seasons left to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks