What's new

Mel Gibson stars in a Jodie Foster picture: "The Beaver" (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The trailer is available here. Mel Gibson is one of the few creative forces with scary serious baggage that makes me forget about all of his fucked up personal shit as soon as he pops on screen. I'm glad Summit Entertainment had the balls to take a chance on this, much like the Philadelphia Eagles did with Michael Vick. A certain chunk of the audience will never see anything made by or starring Gibson again. Summit has to know that, and hope that a combination of loyal Mel Gibson fans and the morbidly curious will turn out to counteract that. Personally, I think the movie looks great.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I think most people don't give a damn. I know I don't. I'm sure THE PASSION will still sell plenty of DVD copies this winter and I'm sure LW5 would bring in $50+ million on its opening weekend if it ever got made.

It's doubtful a film like this is going to bring in mainstream folks but it certainly looks interesting and Foster has proven herself as a director.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Well this was made before Gibson's most recent exposure, and was then shelved afterwords. It was going to get released eventually, because hey-- movies cost money.

I heard it's a much darker movie than the trailer lets on, but I thought the trailer already seemed adequately black. looking forward to it.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I looks good and frankly I don't care what Mel does or says off screen, when he's on, I enjoy. I like him as an actor and enjoy his films.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I would watch anything Mel Gibson does over anything that one-note, fat what's his face from The Hangover does.

Kazz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Even though he have been having problems in his personal life, I love Mel and I would go to see him in any movie he is in.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I think THE BEAVER was always going to be more of an art house release so I really don't think the Gibson stuff is going to hurt it too badly box office wise. I know there was talk of it going straight to DVD but apparently the studio feels good enough to give it its brief theatrical run.

Those type of shows that have been covering the Gibson stuff weren't going to shine any type of spotlight on this movie anyways. They rarely do art house pics unless the celeb is already in some sort of trouble so I'd guess that THE BEAVER is going to get more attention than it would have if Gibson wasn't in the news.

Those shows like Showbiz Tonight, Entertainment Tonight and so on are really just for mainstream folks so I wouldn't hold anything they say too highly. These might be able to hurt a big, mainstream film but I doubt art house folks are going to be turned off to stay away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks