What's new

Megaworks 550THX with different set of speakers (1 Viewer)

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, Im new here, linked from http://www.intellexual.net and want to greet all of you guru's here. I have been on the forum for only two days and Im already addicted! and have learned what brands to avoid/consider already.

I recently bought the Cambridge Soundworks Megaworks 550THX for use with an Extigy and my laptop. I use to have an old Pro Logic II Marantz reciever coupled with a set of Infinity floor standing speakers and surrounds plus a JBL SC350 center in my living room. Since the Marantz reciever died on me, the set of speakers are just collecting dust. I was wondering if I can plug the JBL into the Megaworks set to use as a center or more extreme, to use the Infinity speakers as the front two channels. The JBL's are 100 watts and the Infinity speakers are 75 watts. The Megaworks outputs 70 watts per satellite. Would that be the only stats I have to look at? and would you guys recommend it's safe to go ahead with it since I dont want to damage the Megaworks sub and have to send the heavy set back to creative for warranty service.

Michael.Cu

Agent
You should have no problems using your other speakers as a front stage---it certainly shouldn't hurt the amplifier. The only real drawback is that the subwoofer is probably crossed over fairly high(~150Hz) since the satellites that come with the package are only 3.5" drivers. You probably won't get any useful bass response from your JBL/Infinity speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks